cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task based costing - cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I am facing problem when doing Task based costing.I am using standlaone cProjects.

Planned Costs and Revenues are not getting calculated when I assign a Cost/revenue rate to the task and assign duration to the task .

But when I do role based costing , by assigning role and cost/revenue rate it calculates the cost as capacity reqd * cost rate = Planned Costs , but in negative.

I have done the following configuration,

In Define Project type selected - Confirmation TAB - Time recording for Project ROles for role based costing and TASKS for Tasks based costing.

Define Cost Revenue rates.(Organization - 0) as using standalone cProject.

Replicate Cost Revenue Rates.

Define TAsk Types and assigned cost revenue rate to it.

Please guide me as why the Costs are not getting calculated for Tasks and why for role based costing it is giving negative.

Is some Configuration missing or is it standard system behaviour for negative costs?

Regards,

Nitin Ghadge

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

I am not sure about the business scenario which is prompting to carry out the costing in a standalone cProjects system. It could be better if you could elaborate more.

Costing cannot be carried out in a stand alone cProjects system. Need to account integrate cProjects with ERP system inorder to carry out costing.

The config settings which you have mentioned are incomplete. Check out the following link,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/AccountingIntegrationSPRO+Nodes

Regards

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejo,

Thanks for your reply, Standalone cProjects works, but obviuosly it has to be integrated with ECC and configuration related to accounting in ERP has to be done.

Scenario is that I have created a Project and before transferring it to ECC(creation of internal order) I should be able to calculate the cost from cProjects, as these are just rough cost based on cost/revenue rate.Later when I calculate cost using internal order from ECC it should overwite.

Additionally as per the link I have already done the required configuration.

1. Activate Integration

2. Define Object Links for Accounting Integration

Default entry: 0FIN_INT_SOC_R3

defined RFC destination . Is webserver to be defined - required ?

3. Make General Settings

4. Define Cost/Revenue Rates

Cost revenue rates are defined here.

I havent maintained Organisation unit as it takes default 'zero'.

5. Replicate Cost/Revenue Rates

To replicate cost revenue rates from Cprojects to ERP.

6. Replicate Accounting-Relevant Characteristics

7. Make Settings in ERP System

Make settings in ERP system related to controlling

Create and Change Controlling Scenario

Define Controlling Scenario

Settings for Easy Cost Planning

Assign Cost Elements and Activity Types > Activity type must be open for period and must have proper cost element. (can be maintained in tcode: KP26).

Then also for Task based costing is not calculating and for role based it is showing Negative.

Please guide me where it is going wrong.Is it related to Organisational Mapping?

Regards,

Nitin Ghadge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please check the cost elements that you have specified in cost-revenue rates. This could be one of the reasons why the costs are shown as negative.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks, Please tell what should be the Cost elemtent category of the cost element that has to be assigned ?

Regards,

Nitin

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please run transaction KA03, input the cost element and revenue element defined by cost rate.

Check that the cost element should have category '1' (Primary costs/cost-reducing revenues) and

revenue element should have '11' (revenues').

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Zhenbo,

I have created two cost elements for category '1' (Primary costs/cost-reducing revenues) and

revenue element should have '11' (revenues').

1) Results is that I am getting now Costs in cProjects costs, but not in costs table in detail view of accounting Tab.

2) Revenue is getting now but in negative.

I am getting warining message as no cost center could be determined for organisational unit 00000.

3) If I check in transaction COCPCPR, i get details as to maintain cost center for Organisation 0000 in transaction PPOMW, but I have not defined organisation, it is taking as default and this is not displayed in PPOMW in ECC.

Please give me solution for above three points.

Reagrds,

Nitin Ghadge