cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print TO on LOCL printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a problem with TO out put print. Please see below for details.

On my system (at windows level) I selected one of the net work printer as default printer for my system and I maintained printer 'LOCL' (i.e local) under user profile (in T-code SU3--> under Defaults tab).

I could able to print other out put documents from SAP on the network printer automatically, where ever 'print immediately' option is selected. Even when we try to create TO against any material document (T-code LT06) manually the print LPD is getting generate and document printing on the net work printer, immediately after TO document number creation.

But when we automate the TO creation process against material document with out changing print set up, though the TO is getting create automatically, the printing is failing. Under T-code SP01 we could able to see respective spool with status 'Error'.

With same print set up, the TO is printing immediately when we try to create TO manually and when we try automat TO creating process, the spool status is becoming 'error'. I checked settings under OMLV. But I could not able to figure it out any thing.

Could any body suggest on this?

With regards,

Prabhakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

1. Check OMNU table for the combination of appropriate WM Movement type & print code for the warehouse.

1.1. Below is the method for cross checking the Printer configuration for WM:

a. First the system checks whether a printer is set in the configuration "Printer-Movement". If so, the printer determination is

complete at this point.

b. If not, the system uses the parameter "PriSrcTyp" defined in the configuration "Printer-Movement" to decide how it will

proceed. If the parameter is set here, the system checks if a printer is defined in the setting "Printer Picking Area" and then

proposes this printer.

c. If the system finds no printer, it searches in the setting "Printer - Storage Type" and uses this, if a printer is set.

d. If the system cannot find a printer using the methods described above, it selects the printer defined in the User Master of

the user currently logged on.

e. If no printer is defined here, the system automatically proposes LP01. This writes the data to the spool file.

2. Also, check which print programs you selected for particular movement type.

3. If you are not using SU Management component, you only need to set the "standard (RLVSDR40)" print control functions.

But, if you are using Storage Unit Management, then you need to set both the "standard" print control functions as well as

the functions for storage units.

4. There are also parameters (Print code, Form) that you can define both in the configuration "Printer-Movement" as well as in

the print code settings.

5. During the automatic determination of the print parameters, the system proceeds as follows:

If an item of a transfer order is to be printed automatically, the system determines the general print parameters through the

print code assigned to the movement type.

Afterwards, it checks the movement-specific print parameters.

If one of these parameters (for example, for the form) is also defined in the print code, the system will use the movement-

specific parameter.

It is possible to override the definitions for label printing in the print code, depending on the warehouse movement.

6. You can also store an additional form for a combined picking list with the spool code and the printer in order to print a

combined document in parallel to single printing for each TO item.

7. Check for assigned Printer & Picking Area

8. It is possible to define a standard printer both in the configuration for "Printer-Movement" as well as in the

configurations "Printer - Storage Type", "Printer - Picking Area", and in the user master of each user.

Crosscheck with every single point mentioned above & appreciate if your problem is solved.

Regads,

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Those settings are fine.

In our case the printer (LOCL) is being determine automatically and spool is getting generate, after automatic TO creation. But the print is not coming on to the printer. When we check under T-code SP01 the status of the spool is appearing as 'Error'

With regards,

Prabhakar Pisapati

former_member1245242
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

R u using RF in WM, then try to set & check the parameters in SU3, and also assign the processor(userid) in mobil data entry as well.

Rgds

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

No, we are not using RF

With regards,

Prabhakar