cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog response time exceeds threshold (SOLMAN Alert)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I found an alert in Solution Manager,

2.023 msec > 2.000 msec Dialog response time exceeds threshold (56 dialog steps)

What does this alert means?

Are SAP system still in a good performance?

And what kind of action i have to do to clear this alert..?

thanks and regards

Rio(nubie)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What does this alert means?

see answer Mapp Tyrone above

Are SAP system still in a good performance?

SAP performance is not determined only by response time. you have to look globally: your free memory, your ABAP dumps, your swap, your database statistics etc.

And what kind of action i have to do to clear this alert..?

No need to clear it. All you have to do is tune your SAP system to increase your current performance, and one indicator of that is the better response time.

hope it help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno.

0 Kudos

i have same question as rio..and i m satisfied with your answers but i have one more question ...

how to check from sap or which t-code we can use to check dilog responce?

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Amit,

Tx SMLG ==> F5

Regards

0 Kudos

Thanks it's really helped me          

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All it means is that it took longer than a threshold that has been set for dialogue transactions, you can tune them (I'm just working out how to do that myself) all that you do is up the dialogue response time threshold to a number that suits your business. Its only something to be worried about if you are getting users complaining about slow performance and you are getting lots of alerts. (although if you set the alert threshold too high you wont receive any alerts and you wont know your system is running slow)