Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrofit:Transport Request Selection

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Team,

I am setting up the retrofit functionality in ChaRM. During the retrofit process, I am getting the pop-up "Retrofit transport request selection". In the field "Retrofit Requst", i am pressing F4 to select the transport request from the retrofit system. But i am not getting any transport request to select.

How to get the enrty in the F4 help of the above field?

Note :

I have not created the transport request in the retrofit system manually. I am assuming that the transport request will be created in the retrofit system automatically. Am i right?

I am referring the link to set-up retrofit : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/15616. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

I have not created any normal correction to test the retrofit functionality

The transport requests that are released in the development system of maintenance landscape

Your input will be very much appreciated.

PSK

Edited by: psk.psg on Sep 13, 2010 8:23 AM

Edited by: psk.psg on Sep 13, 2010 10:17 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PSK,

for the 1:1 ratio; it will depend on your retrofit strategy. I guess you can keep that 1:1 ratio if you re planning to go on a 'continuous retrofit' strategy. If you re planning to retrofit lets say once a week all the transport requests that reached post processing then you can have an n:1 ratio. Its really up to you...

'So before executing the action "Start Retrofit", i need check the open transport requests in the retrofit system which can be used in the field "Retrofit Request". Am i right?. If the open transport request is not available, create it manually.'

-> Yes, correct. When you say create manually i hope you imply 'Create from tasklist of second maintenance cycle.' You re not supposed to work with & without ChaRM.

'No need to create normal correction to test retrofit as compulsary. Am i right?'

-> No need, correct

Regards

Khalil

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

for the 1:1 ratio; it will depend on your retrofit strategy. I guess you can keep that 1:1 ratio if you re planning to go on a 'continuous retrofit' strategy. If you re planning to retrofit lets say once a week all the transport requests that reached post processing then you can have an n:1 ratio. Its really up to you...

How to set this 1:1? Any configuration required.

'So before executing the action "Start Retrofit", i need check the open transport requests in the retrofit system which can be used in the field "Retrofit Request". Am i right?. If the open transport request is not available, create it manually.'

-> Yes, correct. When you say create manually i hope you imply 'Create from tasklist of second maintenance cycle.' You re not supposed to work with & without ChaRM.

I imply create the transport request in the retrofit system through action "Create transport Requests". Else Are you meaning, directly navigate to maintenance cycle and create transport request from the maintenace cycle?

My understanding is, create one maintenace project and assign the two logical components (one for maintenance landscape and another one for implementation landscape). When you activate ChaRM for the maintenace project, the maintenance cycle will be created accordigly with DEV,QA, PRD and retrofit system. Create one SDHF correction, when i click on the action "Logon to system", i will get the pop-up to select the system (Dev system of maintenance landscape and DEV system of implementation landscape-Retrofit system). Whatever the system i choose, accordingly the transport request will be created through the action "Create transport request". Am i right?

Thanks

PSK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PSK,

what you assumed is false. The Transport Request in the Retrofit System (your Dev System of 2nd maintenance cycle) has to be created by you. This way you can choose when and what to retrofit.

This means that for example you can have 2 different Transport Requests (from 1st cycle) that will be retrofited in one and only one TRansport Request of the second maintenance cycle

Regards

Khalil

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

For example, in DEV system of maintenance landscape, i am having three customizing transport request (released) and four workbench requests (released). In retrofit system (DEV system of implementation landscape), i am having one customizing request and one workbench request.

In the F4 option of the "Retrofit Request", i need select the same retrofit transport request number (customizing) against the above mentioned three customizing requests and also the same approach for workbench requests as well. It need not to be 1:1 ratio. Am i right?

So before executing the action "Start Retrofit", i need check the open transport requests in the retrofit system which can be used in the field "Retrofit Request". Am i right?. If the open transport request is not available, create it manually.

No need to create normal correction to test retrofit as compulsary. Only with SDHF, we can test retrofit. Am i right?

Thanks

PSK

Edited by: psk.psg on Sep 13, 2010 12:33 PM