cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inforecord price for SRM originated orders - CLASSIC scenario

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! Few months' back, I have posted some questions re the behaviour of the price on the PO when orders are generated out of SRM in a classic scenarioI have just completed testing and ended up with the following results:

1. If I create a shopping cart with material number for direct consumption and have a vendor defaulted from vendor list, the price reflected in the PO is from the inforecord. So, effectively, I could have $1000 on my shopping cart but PO showing $950 as this is the value in the inforecord. The $1000 comes from the material condition record in SRM (extracted via EBP_GET_BACKEND_PRICES).

2. If I create a shopping cart with material number for STOCK and have a vendor defaulted from vendor list, the price reflected in the PO is that maintained on the shopping cart. Is this behaviour correct? Note that in this case, the master PO is in SRM even in a classic scenario and I wonder whether it is because of this that the pricing behaviour is different.

Other observation: For stock purchase, I know that if I have multiple vendors (from vendor list and some from inforecords) and if I picked one of the vendors, the price will be adopted at the point of shopping cart so that the user has a 'confirmed' view of the price and there should be no discrepancies of prices between the shopping cart and the PO.

Can someone please shed some lights as to what should the standard behaviour be?

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

No solution

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello SF

rule :- shopping cart price is a material price and it comes from your report and prices are stored in COMMPR01 .( EBP_GET_BACKEND_PRICES BY this report).

really the prices are picked from source of suooly like infor record , vendor list or contract while creating the purchase order.

i create a shopping cart for 100 USD since material price is 100 usd but PO created for 75 USD.

since contract material price is 75 usd.

With regards to using report EBP_GET_BACKEND_PRICES to upload the

prices from the backend system into EBP. Please refer to the online

documentation of this report:

'Under "Price reference per product", you can specify if the average

value of all valuation groups/plants is to be calculated or if the

valuation price from the first valuation group/plant is to be used. If

the average value is to be calculated, choose "Average of all prices".

If you wish to use the first valuation price, choose "Use first price".

The standard setting calls for the "Average of all prices" to be

calculated.'

This is how this report works. If you want to take another price you

have to change the coding according your requirements.

You will need to debug into the backend through

• RFC-Call for backend-table MBEW

CALL FUNCTION 'RFC_READ_TABLE' DESTINATION iv_rfcdest

in FORM read_mbew and see the select statement that reads this table.

The report is taking exactly one price out of the data

package extracted out of R/3. If this could also be a moving average

price is more a question which kind of data is extracted out of of R/3

and how the R/3 config looks like - and if this moving average is in thelist.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Muthu,

Thanks for the info. I understand how the price extraction program works in SRM and appreciate that the price shown is different from what the PO may show. My question is more surrounding the difference in prices shown in the PO when the sc is created door direct consumption vs create for stock. Why would the system only takes the price from the info record for consumption but take the price from the shopping cart when purchase for stock?

I will double check the config in ECC.

Cheers

Sf

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

rule could be below

consumption:-

shopping cart picks price from inforecord correctly and PO created in ECC

Direct (stock)

Shopping cart picks as material price and without inforecord and PO created in SRM and replicated to ECC

---

you can cross check the same

create a contract for material - consumption

create a contract for material and refer the same contract in the vendor list - direct (stock) - PO will be created in SRM and price will be picked from contract.

Muthu