Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine of Tax Code for Country/Product Category - Table handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in SRM 7.0, CS, i am facing the following requirement regarding tax codes:

We have users from different countries using SRM. These different countries have different tax codes that are to be used for legal reasons.

My question is, how i can achieve a system behaviour, by which in the shopping cart, the correct tax codes gets selected automatically, based on the country of the user, who is creating the shopping cart.

Question 1:

Is it correct to assume, that this requirement can be achieved by maintaining the "Determine of Tax Code for Country/Product Category" - Table?

Q2:

What is the purpose of the 1st column of the above mentioned table, "Domestic/International Indicator"? Can it be left blank?

Q3:

Is it possible to fill in the values for the field "Country" BUT to leave the field "Category ID" empty???The reason for asking it, that otherwise several hundreds entries would have to be maintaind manaully...

Q4:

From where in the shopping cart or ppoma settings is the system fetching the Country code, in order to be able to use it in the table? Is there any specific attribute maintenance that has to be taken care of, so the above mentioned table can be used (e.g. delivery address, including the country information)?

Thank you very much for your help in understanding the topic.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dima,

As far as i understand this table is used in the standard code such that SAP does query this table with all the fields , then keep removing the criteria unless you it finds a tax code .. done remember the exact logic ..

worth giving some try with different combination to understand what works . for me for default tax code i just leave product category as blank and domestic and tax code .. for specific product category for which different tax code is required i then place an entry with product category .. similarly you can do by maintaining the default and then maintaining entries for restrictive tax code.

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here are my responses to your questions:

Question 1:

Is it correct to assume, that this requirement can be achieved by maintaining the "Determine of Tax Code for Country/Product Category" - Table?

Answer - If you have a requirement where different countries have different tax codes, then you do need this confiugration. Otherwise Configuraiton in Enter Tax Code are sufficient.

Q2:

What is the purpose of the 1st column of the above mentioned table, "Domestic/International Indicator"? Can it be left blank?

Answer - Sometimes you have different codes for International and Domestic purchases for a product Category. IN those situations you can select Domestic/International field to differentiate btw tax codes. Otherwise this field can be left blank

Q3:

Is it possible to fill in the values for the field "Country" BUT to leave the field "Category ID" empty???The reason for asking it, that otherwise several hundreds entries would have to be maintaind manaully...

Answer - No, if you enter country, then Category Id field is mandatory. You may enter * in case you dont have multiple backend systems. otherwise you will ve to ve individual entries for each category and backend system.

Q4:

From where in the shopping cart or ppoma settings is the system fetching the Country code, in order to be able to use it in the table? Is there any specific attribute maintenance that has to be taken care of, so the above mentioned table can be used (e.g. delivery address, including the country information)?

Answer - It is picked up from the address of the user where is will receive goods. and Domestic/International will be decided based on Vendor address with reference to thta address.

I hope my responses clarify your doubts.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

In response to your Answer 3 , i have a different view and in my system i just make an entry in county field , leave the product category as blank and enter tax code as V1( which could be default tax code).

And then i maintain entries specific to product category which need different tax code . This is working in my system.

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iftikar

Yes, you are right, in this case system takes V1 as tax code for all product categories in a country. If you maintain few other categories then those entries will take precedence.

Category is mandatory here and system considers all categories aganst the country if you leave it blank.

Rules of entries in this config are:

If you set up a product category, you also have to enter a country.

If you leave the "Country" field empty, you cannot specify a "Category ID

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender and Iftekhar,

thank you very much for your inputs!

Unfortunately, the setting which i have maintained did not lead to the expected result. Instead of picking the correct tax code for the respective country, i get the error message in the shopping cart, that the tax code could not be defined.

At the same time, the field for the tax in the shopping cart details is blank.

Morover, when i try to select the correct tax code automatically, the system stil tells me that the tax code can not be defined.

The setting in the table are as follows. Can you please take a look at them:

---Country -

Category ID -

Source System -

Tax code

-CA

blank
blan
--

C0

DK blank blank K0

DE blank blank V0

AT blank blank V0

IT blank blank ZZ

Is it actally correct to leave "Category ID" as blank or do we give a * there?

Is there any other unappropriate setting you see in the table?

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos