Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill to party

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Bill to party is maintained "general data" only (VD01) but NOT maintained "sales area data".

Q1: Why it can be showed when creating sales order or invoice? You know, it has NOT specified sales area.

Q2: Any bad impact for doing that?

Plz advise. Thanks.

Edited by: Cathy on Sep 12, 2010 12:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Partner functions can be mantained in sales area data only not general data.

Please clarify two questions clearly ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try my shot.

Bill to partner function as name suggests is for sending the Bill. So it makes sense it is not shown in Delivery document or Shipment doc or Shipment cost document.

All the Partner functions will be shown in Sales order as it should need all of them for the corresponding documents.

Invocie should need Bill to for sending the invoice. (requires address) Invoice will not having Ship to as it is not required.

hope this helps.

Chaitu....

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly, thanks for all your valuable comments. Let me clarify my issue.

For e.g. bill to party B is created against general data. If not maintaining sales area data, B also can show in sales order and invoice. However, other parties like payer, ship to party need to be maintained sales area data as long as they are used for sales order and invoice.

I wonder why bill to party can show in sales order and invoice without maintaing sales area data in its master data. Any back impact for that?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you question is:

You have not maintained Sales Area Data for BIll-to-party & still you can use the same in Sales Order & Invoices.

No. There are no back impact of this. Because Bill-To-party merely suggests the Customer Code & the Address where the Invoice (Bill) is to be sent.

All the other Controls in SD like Credit Block, Shipping priority, Delivery Dates, Dunning, etc are controlled from Sold-to-party / Ship-to-Party & Payer. Bill-to party does not have any control over normal SD functions...

So it would be OK if you dont maintain Sales Area Data for Bill-to-Party.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question is why bill to party shows in sales order. The reason is only that the data is sufficient for Bill to Party to show in Sales order, as this partner function does not need sales area data to make it a valid customer. It is a sort of dormant partner who just need to be informed about billing details only. He is neither payer, nor ship to party nor sold to party

If you see customer account Groups with Screen Layout under Financial Accounting>Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable>Customer Accounts>Master Data>Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data>Define Accounts Groups with Screen Layout(Customer) - YOU WILL SEE THAT NONE OF THE FIELD IS REQUIRED IN SALES DATA - This is the reason system allows to create a customer master for this partner function and add in sales order.

I hope it is clea

dsrdsr

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your question is not clear to me. As you should be aware, VD01 itself is a SD Tcode and in fact, in sales area data only, you could see all the partner functions of a sold to party.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot insert it as Sold to Party in your order. However, Bill to party can be inserted in partner tab. As no relavance with stock availability and all other parameters needed to establish Plant, Route , Storage location, and many others.

However, if you use valid Sold to party and this incomplete bill to party, system will accept as it is only for sending information to the BP. Try to create Ship to party with same General Data only and then insert. you will recieve an error message. as it is required to shipping information and freight route and others.

Bes regards

DSRDSR