cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINBASIS RFC connection configuration

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

We performed a client copy using SCC8/STMS, when completed the message FINB-TR Post-Processing required is displayed in transaction scc3. We understand the reason for getting the message but are not sure about the rfc destination needed for the fix. Do we need an rfc destination from the target system/client to the source system/client or vise versa. The copy is from PRD cl 500 to TST cl 500. I have looked at note 1019327 and 568784 and none are clear on the rfc destination requirments for remote client copy. Also when filing out the table in FINB-TR-DEST is the table in the source system/client filled out or the target. We are using Windows 2003 SP2 Oracle 10.2 SAP ECC 6.0

Thanks in Advance

Troy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need an RFC destination from Target to Source.

Since the normal client-transport only copies table data, it does

not work for this finbasis generated stuff.

So the exit routine gathers meta data in Source to generate new

target tables if needed, that might very well have diffrent names than

in source. After that, an additional copy of (master) data via RFC might be needed,

so that the data from the tables that switch names are also copied.

See note 816188 for this and note 756843 for the customizing / generation stuff.

Hope this helps

Volker

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

Volker

Right now the biggest issue is getting the right RFC destination in FINB_TR_DEST. The current entry list the internal connection on the TST machine ie client 000 to client 500. If I try and add the new connection into the system it will not accept the rfc conenction between TST/500 to PRD/500 as it says a connection already exist.

Troy

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not delete the existing RFC connection and recreate the same using the FINBASIS RFC creation wizard.

I guess nothing will be at harm.

Let me know it this works for you.

Regards,

Deepak Kori