cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDC Enhancement For Adding New Columns in item label in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I have to enhance WDC. In that i have to add new columns in item label of supplier list in SRM 7.0.So how i will do this one..Can any one tell me what steps do i need to follow to do this functionality....

Please help me out.

Thanks

Raj

Edited by: raj_kumar5383 on Sep 12, 2010 12:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the procedure to do this....

1. Find the relevant WDC by right clicking on the part of the screen where you want to add the Column.

2. Enhance WDC and add the Field(which will show entries in the column) to the Context Tab of the WDC View

3. Add a new column in the layout tab of the same WDC

4. Create a binding between Layout Column field and Context

Refer to the settings of a standard field in Context and Layout while adding your field as column.

if you want to add a new column in any POWL query, then refer to the POWL Query Feeder class to show the respective field there.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you describe how to enhance WDC.Please give me step by step solution..

Thanks in Advance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Send me the WebDynpro Component and Application which you want to enhance. I will write the steps for you. Unforunately we can not share documents on SDN.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My WDC application is WDA_L_SC and my WDC Component is L_SC_COMPONENT.....

Thanks a lot..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

This do not seem to be correct component in SRM. did you check the component name in SE80....I dont find any such component in standard solution

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

yaa you r right..This is not correct component..The WDC component is /SAPSRM/WDC_dotc_asl_su_d .

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Thanks for the WDC component. Here are the steps you need to execute

1. Go to SE80 in SRM GUI using a Developer id who can enhance a webdynpro component

2. enter the WDC /SAPSRM/WDC_dotc_asl_su_d and display the View V_ASL_DOTC_SOS

3. Enhance the WDC by hitting the enhancement button and give a proper name to your enhancement

4. Go to Context Tab

5. Under SOS or its sub levels, figure out if the respective field is there in the list. This is the field which will ve the vlaues to be displayed in the columns.

6. If the field is not there(CUstom fields) , then add the custom field at this level first by Right clicking on the respective Node e.g. SOS and select CREATE USING THE WIZARD --> Attributes from Components of Structures. This will let you select the fields from your DB Structures

7. Go to Layout tab and right click on SOURCE OF SUPPLY --> Insert table column. this will add a new column to your webdynpro view

8. Create a lable and Value feild under the column heading you created in Step 7. Refer to any standard column available there

9. Create a binding between the Value field here in this tab with the Context field(std or custome).

10. Save and activate your implementation

I hope that clarifies quite a few things. For micro details,while creating the column, I recommend you to refer to any standard column already available in the view

Regards

virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender

Thanks a lot ....I got the solution from your help.

Thanks

Raj..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

I am getting some problem,When i am adding the same field in to the RFX item level.

What i did i am explaining here.

First i define the custom fields in spro and appended those fields in particular structure.

Then i added those fields in meta data table with his respective Business Object..

Then i create one WD Enhancement.In the enhance view when i am adding those custom fields by right clicking of

respective node.I couldn't bcoz in that create attribute by structure option is disable..

Then i checked those custom field in dictionary object of respective node..I am not able to see those append field over there also.So please help me out.What should i do..

Thanks

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just FYI.

6 series on User Interface flexibility in WebDynpro ABAP.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=%22abapUIFlexibility%22

ABAP UI Flexibility Part 1: Demo Overview

ABAP UI Flexibility Part 2: Floorplan Manager

ABAP UI Flexibility Part 3: Feeder Classes

ABAP UI Flexibility Part 4: BADIs

ABAP UI Flexibility Part 5: BRF+

ABAP UI Flexibility Part 6: Looking Ahead to 7.02

Regards,

Masa