cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM market(future) in 2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I used to check SDN when ever i plan to have upgradation in my carreer and then move..Thanks for all.

Now iam working in XI got an oppournity to move into MDM functional.. Kindly iam in need of all your valuable suggestion how is MDM in near future.. Is it can i move into MDM or can i stick with XI itself..

Awaiting for ur kind relpy...

Edited by: pradeep ss on Sep 11, 2010 9:24 PM

Edited by: pradeep ss on Sep 11, 2010 9:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the answer would be that it depends on what you want to do in future. There is no harm in having more than one skillset. Both PI and MDM are good skills, and until SAP moves MDM integration content from PI to DataServices, customers will continue to need both.

A lot of large SAP customers are waking up to the dire need of better data management practices. In that aspect, Data Management combined with BI would be a very good skillset to have for sometime in the future.

On the technical side, a combination of MDM and DataServices would be very good as well.

Good luck.

Regards,

Shehryar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes as you said its right oppurunity. good direction but,.........

1. i am from ABAP background i dont know java and MDM is java based i hope. Is it manadatory that we need to do java coding in MDM.

2. Is it MDM functional or Technical .........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

1. i am from ABAP background i dont know java and MDM is java based i hope. Is it manadatory that we need to do java coding in MDM.

MDM is not JAVA based. MDM solution can include Enterprise Portal, ECC, XI/PI, Legacy systems depending on the business needs. All MDM development are done via MDM GUI components like Console, Data manager, Import and Syndication Manager which is not Java based. In case we have EP in landscape for managing the Master data objects Java knowledge is required. here also we have std libraries available which can be easily deployed.

2. Is it MDM functional or Technical .........

We have bth the sides in any MDM program. True data modeling and repository design, Overall Data flow and architecture etc will be part of MDM functional consultant and Portal related coding, Java APIs, Web services etc can be part of Technical stream. You can take a call which stream to select. Mostly for technical stream Java skillset is a must.

Hope this helped. Please revert back if you have further queries.

BR- Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi folks, do u need any more inputs from my side.