cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching Mass Document-t code "CV04N" based on "Originals" title

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for help to search the required document based on tiltle of "Originals" under Document Data Tab. Can any body give the method to retrieve such documents.

Steps

First T Code CV04N.

List of all the documents displayed in ALV grid. In case user clicks on any row, individual data of a particular row is displayed in which user can view the originals by clicking on Title of Originals.

Main Objective:-

"We would like to seach the relevant document based on input of Title of Original."

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately in CV04N you cannot search for the original title or filename. To select on the original filename you have to create your own report which selects on table DMS_PHF_CD1 where the field FILENAME could be found. With this PHIO-ID you can get the LOIO-ID in table DMS_PH_CD1 and then use the LOIO-ID again to get the document data out of table DMS_DOC2LOIO.

Another possibility would be to select on table DMS_DOC_FILES where the filename is also stored.

I hope that this information could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yp,

You can't search a document in CV04n based on the title of original. But I can propose you following solution for the requirement.

1. Keep the origninal title and description same.

2. Make new characteristic i.e. additional field for the title of original , it will work in additional data tab.

Then you can search the documents based on these fields means title of original.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

While u create a document in CV01N,In description field enter original title or file name .

In CV04N while u search document,search document based on original title or file name

Regards

Bhanu