cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Documents Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the T_code:MM02, I maintain a material with a document assingment of 5000000001,but as I put the the material in a BOM,the document couldn't appear in the BOM item which label named "documents assignment".Can anyone tell me the reason?

best reguards,

Liangcong Huang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Huang,

As documents are linked through object links,Material Master,BOM Header & BOM Item are three different objects.

Firstly the documents which are linked in Material Master the same has to be viewed without attaching in BOM,

docuble click on component where it leads to material master display screen and see the document.

Secondly from DMS, documents cannot be linked to BOM Header and BOM Item.Even though if u want to link ,attach documents while u create BOM

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Huang,

Thd documents in dms are assigned to objects in sap by using object link in dms. See the object link, if the document is assigned to MARA then it will only can be viewed in MM02 or MM03 t-code. For other objects like BOM header you need to assign the object in object link field in dms.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Material master document will not appear in BOM.

To attach document in BOM header material go to tab Doc. assigment in header.

To attach document in BOM Component select the componenet , F7 go to tab page Document Assignment.

Regards