cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SOAP web service from SAP Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am new to SAP integration. Actually I am providing a web service (SOAP 1.1). The development platform for the web service is .NET (WCF). The interfacing requires som input data and some output data. In the interface specs, I am defining them as some classes for my use and I can expose them in the payload using message serialisation. But the SAP team wish that I provide the output not as multiple attributes and rather give a single string output with a delimiter (@ in this case) for all the output parameters. The logic behind this is as per the SAP team is a technical limitation of SAP. I could not buy this logic.

I shall like to know if there is any issue for this or how it should be done. Looking forward for your feedback.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi, I am new to SAP integration. Actually I am providing a web service (SOAP 1.1). The development platform for the web service is .NET (WCF). The interfacing requires som input data and some output data. In the interface specs, I am defining them as some classes for my use and I can expose them in the payload using message serialisation. But the SAP team wish that I provide the output not as multiple attributes and rather give a single string output with a delimiter (@ in this case) for all the output parameters. The logic behind this is as per the SAP team is a technical limitation of SAP. I could not buy this logic.

>

Hi,

Recently i have done .net and ECC integration using SAP PI, you can request PI team to develo interface SOAP-->PI->ECC.

they will pubilsh interface in Service Registry in PI, they will provide interface URL,in your .net environment you can call /browse these serivces and you can easily send request to PI using WCF.

if you are facing any difficulties let me know.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Raj, please read thru the issue once more. I am supposed to exposed the web service, not consume it. I intend to publish a web service for the same as elaborated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kangkan,

I'm also not buying the reasoning provided to you by the SAP team. This doesn't sound right but it would also depend on the SAP Architecture, what info is being interchanged etc. It may also mean that the SAP team already have an existing interface that handles this type of info interchange & it works using this output mechanism (i.e. delimited).

Regards, Trevor