cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual pricing conditions

0 Kudos

We have seven pricing condition types that we allow to be manually entered on sales orders or schedule agreements by checking the "Man.'" box in the pricing procedure that designates when conditions are determined manually. This allows the user to just enter the condition type, for example "Z38", which then pulls in the condition amount automatically from the price catalog. Our question is, how do we rstrict the user form being able to change the amount of the condition on the sales order? In the condition type we have assigned "C" (manual entry has priority). I've looked and looked but am stil scratching my head. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I guess you are contradicting yourself.

There are 7 conditions types that should be processed manually in the Sch. Agreement or SO. And if manual entry has priority is checked then the system will allow the condition types to be changed any number of times.

However, you may restrict the user to change the condition value in Billing doc using Copy controls-> Pricing type as 'D' (Copy pricing elements unchanged)

In case the condition types are determined using condition recs, might as well make them automatic.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Amit,

Thanks for your response. I explored your suggested approach with copy control, but discovered in the meantime that the problem was simpler than I was making it. The actual solution after checking the "Man.'" box in the pricing procedure that designates when conditions are determined manually, is to simply uncheck the boxes for both amount and value in the u201CChanges which can be madeu201D section of the condition type config. The user is then able to enter the condition type only, either on the sales order conditions tab or on the invoice conditions tab, and the amount is pulled in then from the condition record automatically and cannot be changed.

Regards,

Jeff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

As per my understanding, there is condition record for MANUAL CONDITION TYPE and when user is giving this condition type in SO it is picking up price from price list. now in condition record you can maintain upper and lower limit for the condition record, which will solve you problem

0 Kudos

Thanks, WISH. We haven't used the upper and lower limit config for price conditions. I did some testing and see how it works, but I don;t see it resolving our problem since each condition type may have a large range of values across price groups. If it allowed us to limit the amount by percentage, that would solve the problem I think.

I'm going to next test the other respondent's advice about modifying the copy control rules for billing to see if that helps us.