Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to maintain global settings in spend analytics UI,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear spend Analytics experts,

I am unable to maintain global settings in spend analytics UI,

Also I understood from the spend analytics material that the standard templates should be available as part of standard templates.

To give more info I follow data source methods from ECC to BI load data, the data is in BI now.. and also have maintained the table settings in BI (OPM_SOURCES)

In spend analytics UI I could see the data source quires as measures , dimensions but in data managements (global settings and template administration) unable to figure out what is the issues.

Pls let me know how do I get standard template in Spend analytics UI.?

Also let me know if u need more info to understand my issues, I really appreciate your help u2026

Rgds,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Not being able to maintain Global settings indicates that not all web services needed for the application are active. Especially check to see if OPM_DM_X_API web service is active. You can check in transaction WSADMIN.

If its not present here or not active you can create / activate it in transaction WSCONFIG.

Also check to make sure the other services are active (RS_BCT_XA, RS_BCT_XSA and RS_BXT_XA*)

One all active you should be able to see the standard template under 'Template Administration'. If you are able to see dimensions and measures that just means your BW queries are active and registered well in the UI.

To load data you need to make sure you have the right data sources and necessary configuration before you can start data loads.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for your reply, sure i will check all the listed web services as you mentioned..

coming to datasurces config , I follow the process which is there in material to generate data sources.

FYI I have scheduled the data loads to BI until PSA.. its successfully loaded but still have to validate the data, I assume that we

have to load data until PSA, then use perform data load process form SPM UI.? Correct me if I am wrong?

.. Here is the list of datasource I have generated and replicated to BI

Z_SADSERPBUDGETS

Z_SADSERPBUYER

Z_SADSERPBUYINGORG

Z_SADSERPCATEGORY

Z_SADSERPCONTRACT

Z_SADSERPCOSTCENTER

Z_SADSERPGLACCOUNT

Z_SADSERPIVBSAK

Z_SADSERPIVBSIK

Z_SADSERPMGMTORG

Z_SADSERPPO

Z_SADSERPPRODUCT

Z_SADSERPSAGREEMENT

Z_SADSERPSITE

Z_SADSERPSLINE

Z_SADSERPSTDPRICE

Z_SADSERPSUPPLIER

Z_SADSERPTCURF

Z_SADSERPTCURR

Z_SADSERPTCURV

Z_SADSERPUOM

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Actually, you don't have to load manually to PSA. Using the data load process in the UI "Perform Data Load" you can trigger the extractors to load from source to PSA and to the inbound layer object, and second step is to again use UI to load into the rest of the layers in the data model.

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for the Info .....

I have checked all the web services are fine in my system as motioned by you, I really doesnu2019t understand why the template are not shown in SPM UI? Is there any other settings which I need to check other than web services to maintain Global settings? I really need your help to get this doneu2026

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Make sure the portal to ABAP system connection is working fine. If you still run into issues, please open up a customer message providing necessary details and login we can take a look.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

can you pls guide me where can i check ABAP system cnnectin, sorry this may be silly question to u?

also let me know other sytem setting i ceck , so that it will easy for u guys whe i create SAP message

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am referring to WAS connection in portal which is used as a connection for communication.

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rohit,

We have opened the ticket u2013 0000750196

pls help us as soon as you can ....

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how to upload data to SPM Inbound layer through UI. I have got the data loaded in the all the SPM datasources and all the SPM objects are installed ( cubes, inbound layer, dso , MP etc). All the objects are in active status in BW. But how do I trigger the load's from PSA to the Inbound layer. Please advise.

I have checked in the UI , data adminstration tab and do you have any document or steps to initiate the load from PSA to the Inbound layer of the SAP BI. Is there any FM to run or do we need to start the API load from the UI. What settings need to be maintained in UI to initiate the data loads?

Please suggest. We are struggling !!!

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since answers have been provided and no subsequent questions have been raised, marking this thread as assumed answered.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how to upload data to SPM Inbound layer through UI. I have got the data loaded in the all the SPM datasources and all the SPM objects are installed ( cubes, inbound layer, dso , MP etc). All the objects are in active status in BW. But how do I trigger the load's from PSA to the Inbound layer. Please advise.

I have checked in the UI , data adminstration tab and do you have any document or steps to initiate the load from PSA to the Inbound layer of the SAP BI. Is there any FM to run or do we need to start the API load from the UI. What settings need to be maintained in UI to initiate the data loads?

Please suggest. We are struggling !!!

Thanks,