cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo 2.1 and Proficy iFix using OPC DA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm finding some interesting behavior when trying to access Proficy iFIX HMI / SCADA with PCo 2.1 using OPC DA.

PCo Version 2.1.0.55

iFIX version 5.1

SCADA OS: Windows XP Pro, SP3

MII Version 12.1.5 Build(99)

What happens is that when I do a tag list in a tag query, instead of getting the tags, I get the propertes of the tags in the tag list, so what I think PCo's OPC client is doing is resolving to the lowest level of the tag list, which of course would be a tags individual properties. iFIX UDS does not exhibit this behavior.

I've tried a variey of settings in PCo, including "Force Flat Namespace" to no avail. Is there an option to set how far down the tag list drills?

Here is my setup, I know most of these settings have nothing to do with my problem but here they are for completness:

Source System Type: OPC DA

OPC Server Name: OPC Data Access 2.0 for ifix

Specification: DA 2.05A

Acquistion Mode: Synchronous

Read Source: PCoCache

Force Flat Namespace: False

Synchronous Read Source: Device

Acceptable Data Quality: Good

Activate Items: Both

Agent:

No Subcription Items

Communication: MII

Tag Query Cache Mode: Cache:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens if you try to add some Tags using the Subscription tab on the Agent Instance? Do you get the same behavior in the OPC Browser in PCo?

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added 2 tags, One Analog and one Text to subscriptions and no difference. When you browse the tag in Pco you get a tree view, SCADA -> Tag Type -> Tag Name -> Tag Property.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

Upgrading to PCo 2.1 SP2 did not solve the issue.

andy_macaleer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Try the UDS 4.0 OPC connection to iFix and see if you get the same result as the OPC PCo 2.1 connection and see if you get the same result.