cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

relevance of Time series data in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have an SNP planning area with some times series KFs in it. if we delete the time series for the PA what impact it would have on PPDS..

or what would be the relevance of times series data in PPDS?..

kindly explain.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

the only relation of time series data to PP/DS I know of is Time-dependent safety stock planning in PP/DS.

Safety and Target Stock Level Planning in PP/DS

In Customizing for PP/DS, define the following:

· Make SNP key figures available

You define which SNP key figures PP/DS should use as safety stock or daysu2019 supply. (Make SNP Key Figures Available)

· Define planning area

You specify an SNP planning area that contains the key figures for the time-dependent safety stock/daysu2019 supply levels. (Global Settings ® Maintain Global Parameters and Defaults)

if you did not use the planning area and key figure there should be no influence.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

iam planning to include the 9ASAFETY KF in my planning area now . and inorder to add this KF to the planning area i need to delete the time-series for the planning area. during this time(the deletion of the time-series for the planning area) would it effect the PPDS. i mean the PPDS relavant data is also deleted or..

please explain.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frank,

further, i want to include the KF 9ASAFETY in the Planning area and presently i have "consider virtual safety stock elements" set in the model/planning version management. how would this effect further planning in PPDS..

Thanks

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I checked the delete time series. The saftey stock elements created before will be also deleted in PP/DS.

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

the following setting is correct for time dependent safety stock planning in PP/DS

Take Safety Stock into Account 2

another setting does not work.

Answers (0)