Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked tcode with SM01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out why a tcode has been unlocked magically

Actually, to upgrade our custom program, before transporting the change request, I decided to lock the tcode related to our program via SM01 so that end users won't have any problems if using it.

The initial tcode was MYTCODE and was linked to PRG1.

The upgrade was to change MYTCODE to be linked with PRG2.

When looking at the security audit log (SM20N), the only thing I could find out, is that as soon as I transported the change request order, MYTCODE got unlocked.

I contacted SAP Customer service and they said that STMS per se, cannot unlocked a tcode.

So my guess is that when changing "the link", it automatically unlocked MYTCODE.

Can anyone tell me if I'm correct ? or could give me possible other explanation ?

Thanks and best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me when u locked a Transaction in one system any of the user can not access to that Tcode as it says it is locked in SM01 and this is irrespective to the Clients. like in which so ever Client you log in and try to access to that Tcode is throws tha same message ya.

When you import the Change Reques to another system and here by default the Tcode is unlocked here and again you have to lock the Tcode again here.

Kindly navigate in steps to the eror which you are facing.

WIith Regards,

Prashanth

former_member215759
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me try to explain this from my point of view, in fact, when one tcode is locked, the relevant authorization object for the relevant program(in this case, is PRG1) is locked. Therefore, when the cr is imported, the link for MYTCODE is changed from PRG1 to PRG2, in the system, the authorization object for PRG2 is not locked, that is the reason why your MYTCODE gets unlocked once the CR is imported(link is changed).

Regards,

Snow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

I understand what you are saying and since no one else gave a better answer I'll take it.

It's just that I find it quite strange that SM01 do not actually lock the tcode ...