cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Time Out on a view/ element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a webdynpro ABAP application , the application has one view...inside this view there is a drop down box to select system id, user selects the system id from the drop down and then below in the same view there is an input box to enter userid and another input box to enter password....after selecting the system id from the drop down, user enters there WINDOWS login userid and password in the input boxes and then click submit. This currently resets there password for the system that they had selected from the dropdown...and sends them the new generated password in an email. We are looking at improving the functionality and supplying the password back onto the screen..but after a certain time it should timeout and return to initial screen or clear the new shown password.

Has anyone done such timing out on the view or view elements? How can this be achieved? Are there some methods or function modules that we can use to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Putting aside the fact that displaying the password in such a way doesn't seem very secure (I hope you are at least using HTTPS), you could just used a timedTrigger. When the timedTrigger reaches its time limit you will get a server event. From there you can fire a navigation plug or just clear the password context attribute and no longer display it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is a timedTrigger? Is it a method or event or FM? How to use it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link, I will take a look into this....Is there some sample or example application available in standard SAP which uses this UI element...so that I can take a look at the sample and understand how it works?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The sample application is mentioned in the help link I proved:

You can find examples of this interface element in the system in the Web Dynpro application WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS, and in the component WDR_TEST_EVENTS in the view TIMEDTRIGGER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.