cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping list in SRM-MDM catalog?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

What is the use of shopping list in SRM-MDM catalog?

I have created a new shopping list in the system. I have filled the name, description and other details in the new shopping list.

When I select my shopping list, the button u2018Add to shopping list u2018is still disabled. How we can add new items to a newly created shopping list? My understanding is that a shopping list is created to include different shopping items as favorite list?

What is the function of the button u2018Share/Unshareu2019 ?

Please, help me to understand the functionality of shopping list in SRM-MDM catalog 3.0?

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1141870 - SRM-MDM Catalog: Usage of Shopping List (Memory, M/S)

Symptom

The usage of Shopping Lists in the SRM-MDM Catalog has direct influence on the memory consumption of the MDM Server.

Note 1153525 - Enabling shopping lists for named users

Note 1165452 - SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 SP04 Patch00 Release Note

Shopping Lists

You can use this function as a:

Template for orders that are made regularly

Search criterion

Prerequisites

Your User Interface (UI) Configuration Manager has given you shopping list authorization.

A shopping list must have at least one item in it to serve as a search criterion.

To display all items in a shopping list, the search criterion must be reset before the shopping list is selected.

This is because the search UI treats the shopping list as a search criterion. Consequently, any other active search criterion reduces the items displayed to a subset of all the items in the shopping list.

To display all shopping lists, including empty ones, on the Shopping List tab page, one of the following conditions must be met:

No other search criterion has been entered

The search has been reset

Activities

When a shopping list is selected as a search criterion, the system restricts the search by removing any items not included in the list from the search result.

Items can be added or removed from shopping lists in the shopping cart preview.

Note

Depending on authorization, users can modify either their own shopping lists or those of others.

-

This function provides search strategies for locating products, displaying product item details, and transferring items to procurement applications such as the cart. The Search User Interface (UI) can be configured to meet individual user requirements.

Prerequisites

The User Interface (UI) Configuration Manager is responsible for configuring the search UI.

If you cannot access some of the functions and features listed below, check that your user has been correctly configured. For more information, see User-Specific Configuration: Product Procurement

Features

On the Search tab page:

Keyword search

Advanced Search

Hierarchy (category) View

Allows you to drilldown when searching. This view also displays product attributes, if they have been maintained.

List View (for displaying search results)

Displays results with images and a URL to item details

Context View (for displaying search results)

Navigation up and down the list is possible and item images are also available.

In the List View and in the Context View, the following functions are available:

Add To Cart

Compare for price comparisons. For more information, see Compare Function

Cart Preview

On the Cart Preview tab page, the following functions are available:

Transfer Items

Delete

Delete All

Back to Search Result

Add to Shopping List

Recalculate

Add to Shopping List

Remove from Shopping List

Current search parameters are displayed on the Search Criteria tab page.

Shopping Lists can be maintained on the Shopping Lists tab page.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Please find the use of Shopping List below:

􀂄 Frequently shopped Items can be saved under a shopping list for faster and convenient usage in future.

􀂄 Easy to maintain and update from results set, Item details and cart preview screen.

􀂄 Option to share lists amongst different Catalog User.

􀂄 Navigation to the Item details, Add to cart and compare available.

􀂄 Filter to search for the desired list.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. What is the use of shopping list in SRM-MDM catalog? - As you said this is a sort of Favourites list of catalog items

2. When I select my shopping list, the button u2018Add to shopping list u2018is still disabled. How we can add new items to a newly created shopping list? - Seems something went wrong while you set up Shopping list. Are you allowed to edit the shopping list ?

3. My understanding is that a shopping list is created to include different shopping items as favorite list? - Yes you can include different types of items in the shopping list

4. What is the function of the button u2018Share/Unshareu2019 ? - Share is a function where you allow other users to use your shopping list. You have multiple optiosn while creating shopping lists.. e.g. who can change the shopping list, is it available for others to view and use or not etc etc...

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same problem concerning:

2. When I select my shopping list, the button u2018Add to shopping list u2018is still disabled. How we can add new items to a newly created shopping list? - Seems something went wrong while you set up Shopping list. Are you allowed to edit the shopping list ?

How can I check if the SRM user is allowed to edit the shopping list? In OCI, the option is active.

Very thanks for helping

Lm