SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for FPCJ (Cash Journal) transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts

I am trying to segregate two sets of users in FPCJ transaction but the only check that i found in SU24 for FPCJ is F_FKKCJ(Activity). Can i separate them on Contract account level by authorization groups or any other way?

Any Suggestions most welcome.

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

There is an authorization group field (FKKVKP-BEGRU) at the contract account level.

Authorization Groups are used to restrict the users for processing the different activities..

You just create an authorization group according to your requirements .

After the assignment of the authorization group at the contract account level, you need to assign that authorization group to the individual role of the user\clerk, from which FPCJ is happening.

Go to the authorization tab of the role and assign the authorization group that you have maintained at the contract account level.

Please get in touch with your basis team for assignment of the authorization group against the user ID role.

In order to carry out a specific activity, the user must have authorization for the combination of the activity and the authorization group.

Moreover, there are some Business Add-In's (BAdI's) that might be helpful:

BUPA_AUGRP - BUPA_FURTHER_CHECKS - BUPA_F4_AUGRP.

Go to Transaction SE80 and give package as BUPA to view the whole list of authorization objects.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You are very correct that in FPCJ in SUIM or SU24 you will find only Activities for bifurcation .

So the option that is left is of authorization group in contact account FKKVKP - BEGRU in contract account authorization object F_KKKO_BEG.

you can use it to restrict the users to post to a particular set of cotract accounts . secondly if you are using the business area functionality then you can restrict the users on business area ( organizational element ) .

The best thing that i would suggest is go for a system trace ST05 for authorization objects and run the T code FPCJ you will find all the authorization objects that would come in to picture for FPCJ .

while talking of FPCJ do also look at the functionality of responsibilities in Cash journal , that is also a very handy tool for restricting the users on a cash desk basis , for eg. user 1 would be able to operate only cash desk 1 .

Hope this suffices the purpose .

Regards ,

dewang

0 Kudos

Hi Dewang,

I have restricted the access of cashier to just 1 cash desh only.

But the requirement is to give acess to more than 1 cash desk to 1 cashier

1 cahier : N cash desk

1 cashier not equal to (authorised to) all cash desks

I have configured multiple cash desks in a responsibility

Then assigned the responsibility to cashier id.

When that cashier first time executes FPCJ , he gets options to choose 1 cash desk from all cash desks configured in that responsibility.

When he chooses 1 of those cash desks he can access only that cash desk

Next time when he executes FPCJ, previously chooseen cash desk is the default cash desk for him,this time he doesnot get option to choose.

Reason being the first time choosen cash desk gets updated in cashier id and becomes default for 2nd and subsequent execution of FPCJ.

This is not serving the requirement.

Please suggest how to get,  the option to choose from for every execution of FPCJ?

Regards,

Monica Pandey.