cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice and PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Following is the one of the approach, we are planning to take for the project. Please let me know the advantages and disadvantages of this.

Approach 1: Webservice will read the data from a database, and pass the same to PI. After PI is done with processing the data, it will return the data back to a Webservice, which commits the data in a database.

Note:- Lets call Webservice before PI as Source Webservice.

Lets call Webservice after PI as Target Webservice.

Please let me know the advantage and disadvantages of this.

Approach 2: What are the advantages and disadvantages, if we use JDBC Connect in PI instead of both the webservices.

Please Advice

Regards

Hari Krishna. D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Web Service approach will give you better performance than the JDBC one if data is huge in size.

I doubt this. If it is huge load, prefer async scenarios. Overall execution time will increase when you have JDBC - Webservice - PI - Webservice - JDBC as compared to JDBC - PI - JDBC.

However, in terms of receiving proper errors, webservice will be handy.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should go with approach 1, since it will be faster and real time execution. With webservices you don't have to install any kind of driver but with JDBC you have to first install the drivers which is an extra job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Web Service approach will give you better performance than the JDBC one if data is huge in size.

-Supriya.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. approach1 gives you a sync call. so its more in terms of a real time usage

if you go for approach2, it becomes more like a async call from sender end and sync call from receiver end.

2. Fault handling is easy if you use WS