cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP Netweaver Application Server ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SAP Netweaver Application Server Java in my laptop and is working fine. Now i want to install SAP Netweaver Application Server Abap. Can ABAP be installed on the same host? I tried to install ABAP server - max db Central system and getting the following error

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\rkochesb' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

I disabled the firewall and anti virus and starting installing. Also i do have Administrator rights on Laptop. Already there is a central system installed for SAP Netweaver Java. It was saying "SAP instance sap ce1 found".

What could be the problem. How can i install Abap server too on the same host? Ps do help me in fixing this issue.

Thanks

Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still the same problem.

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

please copy and paste the content of sapinst_dev.log file which contains the error (and its details) here. Please include the last 3 steps taken by sapinst before erroring out (entries with tag [INFO] and [WARNING] in sapinst_dev.log) to see what the actions it took before failing.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

This thread was when i tried installing the SAP Netweaver 7.01 Sp3 Developer / Trial Version. Currently i am closing this thread and will reply back to you in the other thread - dispatcher not working.

Thanks,

Divya

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

yes, you can install an ABAP instance on your notebook, no problem.

The error you're getting is related to the lack of permissions on the registry entry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\rkochesb".

Please goto the Windows registry editor and look for all occurrences of this key, edit them and grant full write permissions to the administrator, SYSTEM and <sid>adm users (right click on each of them, goto the 'Permissions' tab and select FULL CONTROL for these users).

Please also check the the user used for this install have full write permission and belongs to both the Local and Global Administrators groups.

This should fix the issue.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Sorry. There was a problem with the downloaded file. Again Downloaded.

Closing the Thread.

Thanks,

Divya