cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store cart attachments in ArchLink-Repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

following scenario:

We implemented an ArchiveLink-repository to store attachments for business objects in SAP (e.g. attachments to purchase orders etc.). This is working fine.

Now, we want to extend the functionality. Is it possible to connect SRM to the same repository? We would like to archive the shopping cart attachments as well. Access should be possible from later purchase order as well. Is this possible?

Where can I find a configuration guide for a scenario like this?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Short update...

Backend transfer works, but only if I keep the standard repository DMS_C1 assigned to storage category DMS_C1_ST...

If I change document area to archivelink and content repository to my (definitively working) archlink-repository (I already use this for attachments to regular business objects like PO's), nothing happens. Document info records are still created upon backend transfer of SRM-attachments, but there are no linked originals.

Any further ideas? I definitely know that DMS_C1_ST is the correct category, it works, but just won't do with my archlink-repository...

rainer_mikus
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

we have just the same situation as you described.

We are able to transfer attachments to backend system when doctyp SRM is connected the Kpro. We are not able to store the attachments in our archiving system via ArchivLink.

Do you found a solution meanwhile?

Kind regards

Rainer Mikus

Germany

Edited by: Rainer Mikus on Feb 9, 2011 3:13 PM

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

we are also trying to get attachments from SRM to ECC 6.0 Backend with ArchiveLink and IXOS archive. I followed sap note 1057932 - and we try to send attachments for requisitions (Banf). I can see at the BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE that there is the structure AS_RQ_OUT-IT_ATTACHMENT_BE, which carries my data - at least Guids and description but my DC10, 20, 30 customizing in the backend did not help. Aczually I don't min, wheather I keep the attachments on SRM side or in the BE, but I came accross this, as I heard, the best way is to link attachments to the archive system, which is in our case IXOS with SAP Archivelink...

any further help welcome,

kind regards, matthias

Edited by: Matthias Kasig on Mar 22, 2011 5:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias

We are succsessfully sending attachments from SRM shopping carts to PurchReqs in the backend using the BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW [there is BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW for PurchOrds] with the following parameters:

CS_CTRL_ATT-USE_URL = "X" to transfer URL rather than document

-TRANSFER_ACTIVE = "X" if transferring document rather than URL to backend

-BE_DOC_TYPE = "SRM" default doctype in backend system

-BE_STORAGE_CAT = "Z_SCN" storage category pointing to OpenText repository

-BE_DATA_CARRIER = "Internet" defined data carrier for external DMS in SPRO for resolving URL

We are currently storing documents in SRM on the local repository but wish to move these to OpenText and I see from an earlier response that there is a SAP report to do this - can anyone point me in the direction of this report? I have looked through SE38 and can see nothing that obviously performs this function.

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone found a solution for using a content repository to transfer attachments in a content server.

Regards,

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would prefer to just assign another repository in OACT to storage category BBPFILESYS... but I am not able to select my defined ArchLink repositories for this purpose... they just do not show up in F4-help...

I don't really want to change repository BBPFILESYSTEM, because the receiving content server has to be modified for each new repository adressing the content server. Therefore, I'd prefer to use the repository I already use for "normal" attachments... Ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRMUSER,

thanks for your advice!

One question left: Are you talking about BBPFILESYSTEM as a category (customizable in OACT) oder as a repository (customizable in OAC0)? Both tables contain an entry called BBPFILESYSTEM.

When trying to change the category (OACT), my ArchLink-repositories do not show up as possible entries for content-repository.

When changing the repository BBPFILESYSTEM, SAP reports that it is already in use... Seems strange...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasha,

Try this. Go to OACT transaction. Select BBPFILESYSTEM and click on Details. Once you are in details, click the Arrow next to Content Repository BBPFILESYSTEM. There you can change the repository settings.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasha,

Changing BBPFILESYS to point to your archiving repository will allow any future attachments to move from SRM to Archivelink.However, when you do it, your old attachments will not appear on web pages as they are located in SRM. So, you may want to transfer the old files to ArchiveLink as well. To do this there is a report in SRM.

SG

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Surendra,

can you please tell me the name of the Report?

Thanks a lot and BR,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this did not work.

I found SAP note 1057932 according to which attachments are to be stored in category "DMS_C1_ST". Categories can be defined in transaction OACT, so I took a look. In OACT, DMS_C1_ST is by default linked to the repository DMS_C1.

I tried to replace this link, but strange thing happened: My repositories (which I defined in OAC0) are not listed as possible values for the repository field. Can anyone give me a hint why this is the case? How do I have to define repositories so that they shop up and can be used in OACT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would it be possible to enter just the same information in the BBPFILESYSTEM entry as in my normal content repository for backend ArchiveLink-Connections? Would this solve my issue?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please test it in your system landscape. I don't have any system landscape.

Regards,

Masa

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

ArchiveLink is Basis side function. You can configure it like in ERP.

Please check the IMG.

SAP Web Application Server -> Knowledge Management -> Settings in the Knowledge Management System -> Define Content Repositories.

BBPFILESYSTEM = HTTP Contets Server

Regards,

Masa