Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need an advice.

I am in SAP ABAP for past 4 years and have worked on almost all areas in ABAp including workflow and webdynpro.

Currently I am being offered a move into techno-functional role in APO. I know that it would be big learning cure and would require a lot of hard work.

Just wondering, how would be APO as a career option. An opinion from experts are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prem,

With little bit of initial efforts, you would make a great APO consultant.. better the the ones who started off without ABAP. Owing to lot less documentation in APO for many of the function modules and utility programs, your ABAP knowledge will come in handy. As with ECC applications, google may not always give you the extact results so you debug and figure out on your own. You will need to begin with some overview of SCM as in theory and practice, relate that to the menu of APO and overall SAP application landscape. A lot of overview documents are available here on the wiki pages. You will eventually end up knowing quite a bit of ECC Logistics and some BI too. So all in all I would say you will be a true solution architect material wrt to business operations of planning, procurement, production, shipping, transportation if you spend 4-5 years in APO.

All the best.

Regards,

Loknath