cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close External Window in Web Dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am working on a development in Web Dynpro and I am pretty new to this topic, so I seek your help.

The scene is:

I have created a Web Dynpro application in which I open an URL using CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW method of the Window Controller. I am able to open the window but not able to close it.

I tried using methods,

CLOSE() 

and

SET_CLOSE_IN_ANY_CASE() 

but no success.

Please guide me if anything more needs to be done for closing the opened window.

Thank you.

Sud.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you trying to close the window from the application that you opened in the external window or from the source window? You won't be able to close form the source window. These are two separate sessions and can't communicate any longer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas,

You correctly pointed out, I was trying to close the external window from my source window.

More precisely, I have a WD application which has a button (Search) on one of its views. On click of 'Search' button, I open a new window using 'CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW' passing the URL 'www.google.com'.

Till this point its fine, but now I want to close this newly opened window. As you said now these are 2 different sessions and cannot communicate anymore, so any guidance how to close this new window?.

OR

Is this the only way to call an URL i.e using CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW? Is there any other way to call an URL without closing my current running WD application?

Request your help......

Thanks.

Regards,

Sud....

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Generally this is the normal way to open an external application. However once opened, you would have no futher control over it. Within Web Dynpro there would be no way to close the window. It would have to be closed manually by the user.

You could open a new web dypnro view as a dialog and place an iFrame in it. Warning- the iFrame is deprecated on some Support Package levels of 7.0 and 7.01, however SAP changed their minds and retured the iFrame to full status. This would allow you to run google within a Web Dynpro dialog and you could of couse close it from the WD Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas,

I have no idea on iFrame but I would really read about it and try to find if it helps me....

Thanks for giving me the direction for my search, would appreciate if you could guide me with some good documentation for iFrame.

Regards,

Sud....