cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Listing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem.The quotation document type is activated for listing, but no condition record is maintained for material or basicallay any combinations.Hence when I create a quotation, after entering sold to, ship to XXX and the material, system is throwing an error that Material is not listed therefore not allowed.I accept this.But when I just change the Ship to party yyy, system is not showing any error and is creating order.I indeed can't accept this as no condition record is maintained even for ship to yyy or any combination.

I activated Listing/Exclusion analysis while creating quotation and checked for Ship to YYY, system is showing condition record is missing for all the combinations

Has anyone faced this problem? Why system behaves so.Any partcular setting controls this? Kindly give some inputs on this

Regards

Mano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mano

Material Listing works with 2 types of Partners- Sold-to (SP) and Payer (PY). It does not take into account SH partner or changes to SH Party. So once it failed the first time for a given SP or PY, it won't do the check again if you changed the SH partner.

Here is the help documentation which talks about it.

"Material listing applies to two partner functions in Sales & Distribution: the sold-to party and the payer.

In the standard version of the SAP System, when the sold-to party and payer are different, the material listing check is as follows:

· If the sold-to party has a material listing, the system only checks this listing (no other check takes place).

The material listing for a sold-to party can include materials that do not appear in the material listing for the payer (for example, in the case of materials that are rarely ordered or only in exceptional cases)

· If there is no listing for the sold-to party, but a listing has been created for the payer, the system automatically checks the payeru2019s listing.

· If no material listing data exists for either the sold-to party or payer, then the customer may order any material."

Also OSS note listed below confirms the same concept; Check it out. Hope this clarifies your question.

863767 -FAQ: Listing/Exclusion

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mano

as error is got when you try with your shipto XXX, do the analysis with this ship to, and post back.

Regards

Sidi