cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Movement for Delivery w/o Reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to deliver some goods without reference to a sales order (VL01NO). I specify a shipping point, distribution channel, sales organization, division, delivery type LO, a material and quantity. Everything seems fine.

Here are my questions/problems:

a) Should a requirement or reservation be generated for the material in my delivery? So, should I see something in MD04?

b) I do not want to pack. How do I influence the field "Pack" in item or header. It is always set to "A - must be packed" as soon as I add at least one material to the delivery.

c) How do I actually move the material out of my stock? I was told I need to do a manual goods issue for this type of delivery. But how?

Background: I need to do return some goods to the supplier. Unfortunately, the invoice has already been booked so we cannot do a simple return delivery.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

For Question A) :- I belive the requirement should be generated for the material at delivery level. This can be achived by following Prerequisites:-

Availability check switched on at requirement class and deliveryitem category level.

Checking group should be maintained in material master on Sales/plant screen in Availability check field.

Availability check in SAP Delivery is initiated during creation and check is done for the picking date.The check is carried out on the same criteria as in Sales order processing.

This will generate the requirement in MD04.

Regards

PVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant Ranalkar,

I see, I found the settings you are talking about. Availability check is enabled in MM and delivery item category. But no requirement type is assigned to the item category which I use in the delivery. So I guess there will be no requirement generated and nothing will show up in MD04. This corresponds with my tests.

So, assume I have the material which I want to deliver in stock. How do I do the GI or goods transfer to get the goods out of my stock? PGI from VL02N has no effect.

Thanks for your help!

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, friend

For Q1, I think you should check the setting of schedule line type.

For Q2, You can set the packing status in delivery item category. Tcode:0vlp

For Q3, You can use tcode VL02n to do post goods issue action.

Hope can take some help for u.

Wink.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hui Yang,

Thank you for your help. Concerning your answers:

Q1: I am not sure if the schedule line setting will have an effect in this situation. I do not have a sales order, only a delivery.

Q2: Ok, thank you. I checked the setting and indeed it is set to "A". So I would have to ask our support to change that or just use a dummy packing material.

Q3: After packing, I can use VL02N to do PGI. My real problem is, that no real goods movement is done. The items are still in stock and no material document is created. Nothing happens. It seems I need to do the goods movement (GI?) manually. But how?

Thank you for your help!