cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Query template in 12.1.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are currently in the process of upgrading to 12.1.6 from 12.0, We ran into a very strange issue with one of the query templates.

This is an XacuteConnector type template which points at a transaction (A). Transaction A in turn calls transaction B. It works fine in 12.0. However, after I copied these to 12.1.6, I notice the following problem:

If I run the template within the work bench, it works fine the first time and returns some expected results. However, if I try to run it again with the same test parameters, it says "process complete" right away but the return list is empty. The interesting thing is, if I go to run transaction A manually (also from the work bench, transaction A works fine within the work bench and returns the correct results every time), then the query template will start returning data again, but just for ONCE. If I try it again, no data will be returned.

Has anyone encountered this strange behavior before?

And because of this issue, our web site does not work properly either, meaning it only returns data for the first search and any subsequent search will not have any data reutrned.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

You shouldn't have to combine the transactions for it to work. I ran a test similiar to your situation and I couldn't replicate the error. I created a 2 transactions in 12.0.11(14), one calling the other where the called trx executes a tag list query. The query has query caching turned off. Does your's? It ran fine multiple times (from WB manually no error msg in the Java console). Then I exported the trx's and query to 12.1.6(96) and ran the scenario again. It worked fine on 12.1 also, with no errors in the Java console or NW log. The only other thing that might work is clearing your java cache and browser history to start with clean slate. If you still have an issue, you might want to put in a support ticket if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Kevin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has identifed the issue, which is related to the transaction cache, and will be fied in the next patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the latest update on this issue:

There is nothing in the log except the "Data buffer exceeded" message. It does not have any description. We opened a ticket with SAP and they suggested us to apply sp7. We did. Unfortunately it does not fix the issue. Now the query template still gets the same error message when calling the trx, the only difference is, previously it will work only once, now it works successfully twice (meaning showing the correct returned data from the trx) before it fails again.

This is more like some knid of internal cache does not get cleared up between executions.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

How big is the return dataset? And also do you have many of the properties in your transaction populated with sample data (and how big is the sample data)? Can you execute the query via Runner in a browser and have it run consistently?

Please export the objects involved and see what size they are after export.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Thanks for taking the time to do the test. I've actually tried setting the query caching both on and off. Neither works. Remember it is not completely NOT working, it always works the first time after I made any change to it or run the trx's manually and then try the query template. It just that any subsequent test will not return anything. The only thing I notice from the NW log is "DATA BUFFER EXCEEDED", whenever this happened but no other info. I tried putting some debug message in the trx and I can't find it anywhere in the NW log (I will see the info messages when executing it inside the WB). Maybe you have a better idea as where to find the MII log in NW.

And of course, if I just run the trx's themselves, they work every time. Just does not work well with the query temaplete. I have tried this mostly inside the WB.

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Sounds like a memory issue. To review the logs for MII you can go to NWA's log viewer and use the SAP logs (java) or Last 24 hour view. If you set the Show View Properties, you can filter by Application and use "xmii" (with asterisks) to filter the logs. It will help the support team when you put in a ticket.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

We are on sp6 patch 2. I also did a quick test. If I combine the two trx into just one, it seems to be working fine. If this is true, I thnk it is a huge defect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Do you have the latest patch for 12.1 SP6? I believe patch 2 is the latest, in which the closest issue that was resolved was a local trx property problem (Note 1497097). Something to look into....

Also, are there any errors in the NW logs during your tests? How about the java console for the workbench?

Regards,

Kevin