cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Justification for upgrading GRC from one SP to a newer SP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an unusual problem. Our BASIS team won't easily agree to move our Virsa Access Enforcer from SP09 Patch 1 to the latest SP15, because on their upgrade, which they recently completed, SAP hadn't recommended it.

As a background, this conversation started because they did the BASIS upgrade without telling us in security, and this ended up breaking a lot of things in our GRC installation. We have done our homework and concluded that despite conclusive evidence that the latest SP will fix our issues, it's the right step forward.

BASIS wants me to show them that each of our issues can be fixed by moving to the latest SP, and I haven't any real evidence. Here are my three issues:

AE manager selection problem u2013 Some requests are being submitted with the user and manager as the same person.

AE system ID problem u2013 AE is not displaying the system ID for requested roles.

AE adding roles to existing ticket problem u2013 System hangs when trying to add roles to previously open tickets. Configuration>Workflow>Administration>Click search on request number. System hangs when u201Cselect rolesu201D is clicked.

I've gone through the service pack issues that are addressed per SP, and none of the above are mentioned.

Even SAP has come back with a response to my message on service market place, saying that it's probably best that I apply SP15, but they didn't say that these issues would be fixed, they instead said that it could fix the issues.

Question 1 - Have you experienced any of these three issues?

Question 2 - Is there a note or a best practice document that states that if you're on SP09 patch 1, you should probably just upgrade to a newer SP?

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

You would have read complete SP oss note : 1168508 to make a justification for SP ugprade, I have gone through upgrade, and come across many issues but not exactly the ones you have..

However, seems like 2 problems about the roles you have are not related to upgrade I believe..Have you tried roles upload again with over-write option, this might fix the problem.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Laks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I took a look at that, and it wasn't what I needed, but thanks. Anyway SAP came back and told us that our GRC 5.2 is not compatible with Netweaver 7.01. Surprisingly, none of that information came up prior to the upgrade, so we are going to have to figure this one out.