Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Envelope RFx Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Can any one help with below isse:

Currently in SRM PPS Bid Invitation, you can select the two envelope bidding process where in you open the technical document from Bidders first and approve it before you can see the commercial data(Pricing) from the same vendor. Is there any way i can see both in one Open date, where in I don't want to approve technical document to see the pricing, but I want to see both.

Regards

Anita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your requirement then does not really need "two envelope bidding". You could create a regular RFx with one price-oriented item and a mandatory item level "Question" for bidders to answer anything related to technicality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need the technical documents from vendor and evaluate using cFolders. Also using workflows, forward it to Finance team.

So we cannot use the single Bidding process with Bid Attributes. We want to use the 2 envelope bidding, but need to open both at same time.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you getting any errors when you define the same open date for the technical and price document of the double envelope bidding RFx?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I can put both open dates to same. But the Technical has to be approved in order to see the Commercial data such as pricing. If I can make the Technical data approved automatically, then I think it will resolve the issue. Do you think I can use BADI BBP_CFOLDER_BADI for this?

Is there a Single envelope option in SRM PPS module where both Technical and commercial can be opened same time?

Anitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SRM PPS -Support Single cover system

In the SRPO_SRM -Define Transaction types -enter Single cover and enter the necessary details

(OR) in the Double cover system

Enter the following

Technical -Date 13.09.2010 time 10.00AM

Commercial -- Date 13.09.2010 time 10.10 AM and try

Whether you have configured 4 eye principle.

This is a standard feature of SRM PPS.

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technical has to be approved in order to see the Commercial data such as pricing. If I can make the Technical data approved automatically, then I think it will resolve the issue. Do you think I can use BADI BBP_CFOLDER_BADI for this?

Looks to me it is more a workflow set up for the two different types of responses. You could set up the 1 step workflow (process controlled) for BUS2202 (bid response) and in the associated expression, check the transaction type. If "technical", approve automatically; if "commercial", go to approver inbox.