cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine 640/J2EE Startup Framework Binary Patch Level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are running BI ABAP with Java Add-in on WAS 640/SUSE/Oracle.

In the ABAP world, there are many options for determining the current kernel patch level. Disp+work -v, SYSTEM->STATUS, etc..

How do I determine the patch level of the J2EE startup framework (ie: jlaunch, jcontrol, etc..)? If I run these commands with '-version', I get a patch level of 0. From System Information, the Cluster Kernel Version is 6.40 PatchLevel 105424.313.

What I am trying to determine is if I have the binaries that map to the latest applied SP (18). Do I need to download J2EERTOS18.SAR and apply the bits or has that already been done? Or is the current patch level for the bits fro the J2EERTOS14.SAR file? Etc...

Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks much,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215759
Active Participant
0 Kudos

try this:

http:
hostname:5xx00 (xx is instance number)-> system information -> all components

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215759
Active Participant
0 Kudos

see also SAP note 701385 <SAP J2EE Engine 6.30, 6.40 Release Information>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks much for your replies. The note that you listed is currently 'in reworking or released internally only'. Oh well....

As for the call to http://<hostname>:50000/sap/monitoring, I did look at this report and it does tell me about the SP components that are installed in the database but what it lacks, I think, is information on the patch release of the external binaries. For example, there are patch files called J2EERTOS16_1.....SAR, J2EERTOS17_1....SAR, J2EERTOS18_1.....SAR to patch the SCS client and IGS binaries in /sapmnt/SID/exe and /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSxx/[igs | j2ee]. Once applied, how can I/we tell which bundle was applied? If someone asks if the binary release is mapped to the installed SP, how do we know?

With the ABAP kernel, I can tell you very quickly the patch release. But I cannot do the same for the j2ee binaries and it bugs me.

Perhaps the path of least resistance is to simply apply the right patch files and then we'll know for sure which they are. Sloppy but effective.

Thanks for your input,

Greg

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check the patch number like this;

D:\usr\sap\FT0\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386>jlaunch -version

Failed to reserve 1610612736 (0x60000000) bytes before loading DLLs (error 8).

-

jlaunch information

-

kernel release 700

kernel make variant 700_REL

compiled on NT 5.0 2195 Service Pack 4 x86 MS VC++ 13.10

compilation mode UNICODE

compile time Jan 23 2008 20:42:28

update level 0

patch number 128 <<< Here is the patch number>>

source id 0.144

While regarding which file(s) to apply, please notice that the files you are not talking like

J2EERTOS16_1, is part of the J2EE support package stack, which can be applied with JSPM.

Regarding the kernel, you can alway refer to note 19466, and downlaod the lastest kernel from:

http://service.sap.com/swdc

Support Packages and Patches ->

Entry by Application Group "

SAP NetWeaver and complementary products"

SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 7.0"

Entry by Component"

Application Server Java

===> SAP KERNEL 7.00 64-BIT UNICODE

Regards,

Thunder