Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM:SCHEDULER jobs

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

I have recently upgraded our 3.2 solution manager to 7.0 ehp1

I'm trying to finish some clean up work. One of those is getting rid of, or changing ownership of some jobs that were created/owned by a previous admin. One of those is SM:SCHEDULER.

Is this an old task scheduler job for SDCC? I don't want to deschedule it without knowing it's purpose. And I'm not having a lot of luck finding that out.

Thanks

Laurie McGinley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your input. I've been able to reschedule the jobs and is looking better now.

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Laurie

The best and easiest way to schedule the new jobs is using the SOLMAN_SETUP => Basic configuration => Step 7.

All the jobs will be scheduled automatically, with the correct user and properly roles.

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Laurie,

A good way to schedule the jobs again for a new user is to delete the current jobs for the old user and then schedule

it again using tcode SPRO.

Navigate to SPRO -> Basic Settings -> Background Jobs ->

Schedule Solution Manager Background job.

At the top of the menu, it will have the userID that you can use for scheduling, this option is next to the 'execute' tab. This screen will also list the default schedule, etc of each specific job.

You can use the IMG documentation right next to this feature for more

information.

I hope this helps though it looks like you have everything under control

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Well I think I just found my own answer :-}

Note 894279 - Background processing in SAP Solution Manager

"...Old job framework of the SAP Solution Manager (SM:SCHEDULER)

No separate job is created for jobs that are executed INLINE, and for this reason no separate job logs are created either. The relevant job log is actually in the overall log of job SM:SCHEDULER.

If job SM:SCHEDULER is not scheduled, you can use the function module DSWP_BATCH_JOB_START_SCHEDULER to schedule it or the Job Wizard in transaction SM36 (the report RDSMOP JOBSCHEDULER). If you use function module DSWP_BATCH_JOB_START_SCHEDULER, define import parameter PF_START_TIME for the start time only, and leave PF_ACTIVITY at the default value 'S'.

If you want to run the jobs under another user, you must log on under this user and use the function module DSWP_BATCH_JOB_START_SCHEDULER and the parameter value 'PF_ACTIVITY' = 'D' to deschedule the job 'SM:SCHEDULER'. Afterwards, proceed as described above to schedule the job...."

I'll give this a try.

Laurie