cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing standard (single select)search help for Multiple value selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard search help for Business Partner (in cProjects) allows only single value selection for input fields. I want to make this multiple selection.

Is there a way to do it.

I used an OVS and built a similar search but its difficult to get the standard options like saving to personal value list etc in it.

It would be good if there is a way to modify the standard search help to allow multiple selection. Any ideas??

Appreciate your help,

Thanks,

Sri

Edited by: Sri on Sep 9, 2010 8:50 PM

Edited by: Sri on Sep 9, 2010 8:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know you can't make a standard ABAP dictionary search help return multiple entries - where you get this sort of functionality the searches don't use the standard Elementary search help framework (e.g. organisational structure searches)

Given that the WDA search help relies on these dictionary based searches, I'd think very much that you couldn't enhance it to return multiple. how you could even return multiple entries into a single UI element input field is also confusing to me.

I'd suggest creating a freely programmed value help, it would certainly take quite some effort to recreate those personal value lists etc, but it could be done - I don't like OVS, but that just me.