cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reusing of SC in sourcing engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Due to some reason that we want to use the same SC for creating an RFX/Auction, after one RFx/Auction is created. (Parallel sourcing). But in the standard SAP the SC will disappear from sourcing, once and RFx/Auction is created. Can this be done?

Note: The suggetion of "create follow-or RFx" or "Convert to Auction" is not suitable to us. Our requirement is as above only.

GH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I understand you correctly that you would like to create multiple RFx's and Auctions from the SAME shopping cart item? If so, maybe you could explain in more detail about the requirement because SRM grays out the requirement (SC item) from sourcing cockpit once an RFx or an Auction is created to prevent exactly "parallel sourcing", or over-sourcing/purchasing. If you just want the same item in different RFx's or Auctions, you could "Copy" the original RFx/Auction to new ones and process them. Though the copied RFx's and Auctions would not have item links with the original Shopping Cart item.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its a standard feature of Sourcing Cockpit that only Open Requirements are shown. Once a cart is converted into RFx/Auction the SC will no longer come in results list ...

You may think of RFx Templates if you do it repeatedly

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the response.

We are aware that, Standard SAP is designed for one sourcing activity per SC item.

- "create follow-or RFx", "Convert to Auction" and "transaction completed" all these activities ascertain the same, viz when you create the other, the system deactivates the previous one.

But we wanted to do u201Cparallel sourcingu201D due to some genuine reason...Ideally we need 2 sourcing document (RFx/Auction) per SC item. Can there be any other way?

If this is not possible, it seems there is no other go, except copying...

GH

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GH,

There is no way to have parallel sourcing in SRM. As you already know once a follow-on document is created then the item in sourcing is greyed out or deleted from sourcing. Maybe there is a way using a BADI to reactivate the item even when a Bid is created but I do not recommend this, it is cause further issues down the line during follow-on doc creation in either SRM or R/3.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. Thank you all. I have closed this thread.

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

In standard I suppose the only way is to set the RFX to "transaction completed". After this, cart would be available in sourcing again.

Kind regards,

Ricardo