cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro application using workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have developed a web dynpro application and attached that to the portal, so the user will login into the portal and will access the application. We have a new requirement now, when a user enters the data and hit save button on the web dynpro application, the workflow should trigger and should send the filled out (everything filled in) web dynpro application to his superior, the supervisor should be able to click on a link (which he should get through workflow) and should get the web dynpro application filled in. I am not sure how can I do this, so can you please guide me through.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

could I suggest perhaps that you have a good search of SCN - there have been multiple posts about this sort of thing in the past.

for example : the wiki article

[Integrating WebDynpro ABAP applications with UWL for workflow in Portal|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/IntegratingWebDynproABAPapplicationswithUWLforworkflowin+Portal]

is it perhaps that you do not use the UWL at your site? Or do you want to to send an email to the manager with a link directly to the approval application? The last case is one that I've come across many times before - it just means that you'll need to generate an approval task that is ended by a wf event and send an email to the manager with a URL parameter in the launch of the WDA application so that the app can pick up the details required to display and raise the WF event to complete the approval wf task.

There are all sorts of ways of persisting the information in the form so that the manager can see it in the approval. You can use the workflow container, you can use a db table, you could even use a shared memory area (not that I'd recommend this for this usage). But this is more a case of how to persist information in a workflow and probably a better question (search first, it's probably been answered already) for the WF forum and not the WDA forum.

Good luck in designing and building your application. Perhaps when you are done you could write a blog about your experience and further share how to do this with others.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply... we are trying to do exactly what you thought. We want to to send an email to the manager with a link directly to the approval application and the application should have all the data filled in.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Develop a model class which will be used as assistant class of web dynpro component. In the model class, create a method for triggering workflow. From web dynpro view, when user do something like click button, input field.... trigger the action and call the method of model class to trigger workflow.

You can use class to develop workflow instead of business object if you want, [workflow|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/GettingstartedwithABAPOOforWorkflow...usingtheIF_WORKFLOW+interface].

Thanks,

Duy