cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output message by mail (medium 5) - add a body mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We copied the printing program SAPFM06P and MEDRUCK layout (but an old one).

we have an output message as medium 5 (mail)

we use the standard code : open_form, close_form

We need to add text in the body of the mail. I know we can add the object of the mail with the customizing on the output.

We have the spool as PDF attached in the mail.

But I found nothing for the body.

Can anybody help us ?

Thanks

Kind regards

Véronique

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it's a common question. If you want a fully customized email, you should overtake the email creation process and insert your own email creation code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure to understand :

would you mean that I have to use a "normal" output (medium 1 printer) and use the function module to send mail in the printing program ?

Thanks

Véronique

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you would still use medium '5'. For the old style PO processing, there are 2 basic calls in the output program: ME_READ_PO_FOR_PRINTING and ME_PRINT_PO. Inside ME_PRINT_PO is where the email is formulated in CONVERT_COMM_TYPE_DATA with the old-style container and macro coding. It's your choice how you change the processing and whether it handles all output mediums or just the email. Personally, I would go with an email specific process that renders a spool, converts it to PDF and attaches it, then dispatches it with class CL_BCS. All of this is fairly easy if you have a standard process in place like a custom emailer class.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Véronique

I have exactly same problem.

I need add text in the body mail, I'm using ZSAPFM06P program and the function modules ADDR_GET_NEXT_COMM_TYPE, CONVERT_COMM_TYPE_DATA and OPEN_FORM.

How you solved it?

Thanks