Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Certificates

prashantatri
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am an MM consultant. Doing QM implementation first time.

My client has Quality Certification for its products, like IEC 61215, UL 1703 etc.

Whenever a Customer asks the certificates, they will produce give it to them.

Please tell me how to map this in SAP. Where to create the Certificates like IEC 61215. And how to assign it to the materials.

Thanks

Prashant Atri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The IEC 61215 cert appears to be a static cert. This means that once the certification is given, it is a statement of values. I.e. you don't test every item and create a cert based on the tested values of that particular item. Since these values don't chagne or rarely change I would do it one of two ways:

1) create a smart form in SD and simply attach the form as another output type like a BOL or packing list. If it is sent only on customer request, create the output but don't have it automatically print.

2) Create a cert profile, set up any tests as general characteristics and put them in a 001 material class called IEC_61215. Assign this class to the relevant materials. Create a COA profile and list the charcterisitics and have the result origin come from the material class. Assign the profile to the appropriate materials. Create a COA output and assign the correct access sequences and record to have the output created on your deliveries. Now if you get the cert renewed or something in the characteristics change, you just have to update the material class in one place.

I would opt for the second choice myself but than I am a QM guy.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prashantatri
Participant
0 Kudos

Fire Fighter jee,

you have given a brilliant solution.

Thank you

Prahant Atri

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the products produced, quality must be active i.e. inspection lots should be generated and results should be recorded.If you are doing this, to generate certificate,you can use standard SAP or develop certificate as development.

If want to use standard functionality, you will have to create certificate profile.In this profile, assign materials and MICs.Tcode is qc01.And you can fetch the results recorded in certificate.

Vishal