cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP folder is full and creating issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Would any one please tell what all log files can be deleted to create a space. Also at folder location

/usr/sap/UAE/J00/j2ee/cluster/server0 i can see one file 'core' create recently and is huge.

Would you please tell what is the use of this file and can that be deleted.

Thanks

Uttam borsare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am supposing that the file you are saying under /usr/sap/UAE/J00/j2ee/cluster/server0 is like this:

core.YYYYMMDD:HHMMSS:xxxxxx.0001.dmp ==> normally this is the java heapdump if you are using IBM JDK.

javacore.YYYYMMDD:HHMMSS:xxxxxx.0001.txt ==> normally this is the java threaddump.

The size of core.YYYYMMDD:HHMMSS:xxxxxx.0001.dmp is equal to the heap size, normally 2GB or 1GB, so I think this is

you are taling as it is "huge".

The size of javacore.YYYYMMDD:HHMMSS:xxxxxx.0001.txt is noramll several MB, it does not matter much.

And generally the heapdump is generated if there is a OutOfMemory occurs, of course you can delete the file(s) to release

disk space, but sometimes if you need to investigate more about the relevant error, you move such files to other disk.

Best Regards,

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your reply.

The file i am talking about is '01 core' and is present at path '/usr/sap/UAE/J00/j2ee/cluster/server0'.

Thanks

Uttam

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uttam

What is the size for the file you are talking? how many MBs?

Thanks

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thunder,

The file size is 1.5 GB and its name is 'core' only ,in my last update i mentioned the file name as '01 core' that is wrong

its just 'core'

Thanks

Uttam

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uttam

The 'core' file should be generated from OS level, not JDK/J2EE, there is the corresponding analyze tool or command on different Unix platform, for example, on AIX, refer to this:

http://fixunix.com/aix/513759-command-get-stack-trace-core-dump-aix-5-3-a.html

But if the core file was not generated recently, I would like to suggest you just delete it.

While if the core file is generated frequently, you would better check further with your OS administrator.

Thanks

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thunder,

By time stamp it seems the file got generated on 5 september and that time our database down due to space issue

in database (oracle) folder.

Thanks

Uttam

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

All right, it is very likely the core file was generated due the the failure on 5th Sep.

Hence you can just delete it.

Thanks

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thunder,

Thanks, the issue is resolved. I have removed the core file.

Thanks

Uttam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jozsó
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

you might extract the C-STACK from the core file using:

<debugger> <triggering executable> <core file>

use jlauch as the triggering executable.

Regards,

Jozsef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you talking about a 'core' file which can also be called as system core file which is created when a process is killed or terminated by OS. Normally this file will be deleted to free up some space. In some cases the file has to provided to SAP in order to solve issues.

The core file under server0 directory should be a java core file like 'javacorexxxx.txt', this file should not be deleted since they are updated by server0 of J2EE engine.

You can instead configure log and trace file sizes to limit the growth of them.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/68/f04442c1a1c253e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This file related to JAVA startup log files.

if you have full in these drive...you can change your trans directory to some other drive and change the parameter value into new path.

Thanks and Regards,

Jibin.