Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation expression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I am trying to create a validation and the expression is

if (account group = "ZIND", planning group = "A1")

In this expression Planning Group lies inside Company Code data which is a tuple,but I cannot see account group from that tuple in the drop down of fields.

Kindly help me resolve this,I am working on SAP MDM 7.1 SP 04.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per your provided details account group is main table and planning group under company code tuple table i think in validation tab you have selected tuple table(Company Code) if tuple is selected it will not display main table (Product) field Planing group so make sure which table you are selecting in Validation tab

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh/sudhanshu,

Thanks for prompt response!

i am using standard content for Vendor maste and yes account group is main table and planning group under company code tuple table.Now issue is when i select main table i get Authoriozation group but dont get Planning group wich is in Tuple and when I select the Tuple I am unable to see Account Group which lies in Main table.

Pleasse provide possible solutions and is it not taken care in SP04 ??

Thanks

ravz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now issue is when i select main table i get Authoriozation group but dont get Planning group wich is in Tuple and when I select the Tuple I am unable to see Account Group which lies in Main table.

Please provide possible solutions and is it not taken care in SP04 ??

Yes it possible in SP04 only the problem with searching the field under validation, after selecting main table in validation tab select field option in then select tuple (Company Code) will display all tuple fields (for e.g. Planning group Code, Name)

Hope above mention point will resolve the problem

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rav,

Firt thing , as correctly mentioned by jignesh if you select maintable in validatiob then you can see the tuples and if you select tuple in validation tab then you cannot see maintable fields or any other fields other than tuple fields.

Addition to this ,i want to say that if your tuple is multivalued then it is not possible to validate all the records of tuple.

It will check only the first record of tuple.

Hope it help.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravz,

Pleasse provide possible solutions and is it not taken care in SP04 ??

Kindly refer this blog [Another way to use Validation Group|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20969] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please speciy your tuple structure clearly and whethet this tuple attach to maintable field or not.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu