German language issue
System details -
We have enabled German Logon language. When the user creates a SC after having logged in the German language on the web browser the screens etc are translated in German language. We have also maintained the translations of the custom error message in German languages and hence the display is in the correct language ie German.
However for a few of the standard R/3 error messages we are not getting the translation in German.
eg Message Class KI, Message 235
"Account & requires an assignment to a CO object"
Even though the user is logged in German language, this error message is displayed in English.
When we check in R/3 the translation has been maintained - however in SRM the German translation does not get displayed.
Please let me know in case there is any R/3 or SRM configuration to be done.
Make sure User's language is DE in his settings.
Secondly, login to SRM via GUI and see whether the above message number has got its description maintained in German or not. if not maintain the translation or send a note to SAP they will fix it via an OSS note.
One more reason could be "As the account assignment is checked via an RFC Call to ECC, check what is the language of RFC user while the call is made to ECC for account assignment check"