cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get sample XML file for receiving interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I have a little more complex mapping to do, so I decided to do java mapping. I can program java, but PI is overall very new

for me, as I knew it only in theory.

When developing this java mapping program, i need to know the exact XML structure, which is expected by the receiving

interface. Can I somehow see the expected XML structure in the message mapping for example?

The incoming IDoc XML message typ is very easy. It really looks like the tree structure in the message mapping. But when I

now test the small graphical mapping I did, I can see, that the output XML looks quite different, as there is also some name-

space information, etc...

I also need to have an test XML for the receiving structure with ALL possible fields and attributes...

The receiving xml with just one/two mapped fields, looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ns0:Request_in xmlns:ns0="http://test.com"><ns0:Context>Constant</ns0:Context><ns0:Message></ns0:Message></ns0:Request_in>

And the sending XML is something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SAPRDI02>
   <IDOC BEGIN="">
      <EDI_DC40 SEGMENT="">
         <TABNAM/>
         <MANDT/>
         <DOCNUM/>

So what about this namespace tag information etc.) Is there a way to get the exact expected XML file of the receiving interface?

Thank you!

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When developing this java mapping program, i need to know the exact XML structure,

AFAIK, JAVA mapping is structure-independent.

Can I somehow see the expected XML structure in the message mapping for example?

If I have to see the expected XML, then I contact the receiving application-developers. they are ideally the point-of-contacts to get the sample XML file.

So what about this namespace tag information etc.) Is there a way to get the exact expected XML file of the receiving interface?

If you dont want to see the namespace then you can remove the same using the XMLAnonimyzer Bean ....some posts even mentioned removing the namesapce in JAVA mapping....or make the XML Namespace section in MT as Blank.

I can see, that the output XML looks quite different

It comes out as you have defined the structure in XI.....and having ns0 or namspace is usual.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a mapping where your desired target message is source, target mybe the same.

Then go to test tab, fill useful values and voilà...

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have already defined source and target structures , the out of JAVA Mapping should match with Target structure.

if you JAVA Mapping not giving expected out , then you have to change the logic or format.

If you want to name space in target side using java map, you can hard code it and write it into Out object.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

thanks for the quick answer.

I know that the output xml has to match exactly the expected structure. But.... what is the expected structure?

the incoming idoc xml looks for example exactly like the tree structure in the message mapping. But the xml structure

for the receiving interface looks different then the tree structure, when I run a test there.

So my question is: How do I get a sample of the EXACT xml structure, which is expected by the receiving interface?

Including namespace information, all tags and attributes...

Thanks!

Michael