cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk data upload in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to create Documents along with attachments in DMS.Can I use LSMW for this purpose or any BAdI's?

Can we upload files using LSMW?

Pls mention step by step solution to achieve this requirement.

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

For mass uploading of documents use BDC programs with function module BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2.

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanx a lot for ur valuable suggestions.I tried using BDC for recording the transaction but Additional data was missing while creating documents.I want to fill Additional data along with document attachment.

How to achieve this?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Additional data is also feasible to add thru BDC. we have done it in current project.

First make a BDC record wiith considering all fields. And then pass these values i.e. varialbes.

Abap'r can show you this. Take help from abap expert.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAM,

We can also link documents to objects by using the same function module BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2.

Take the help of abaper...

Regards

Bhanu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can recommend SEAL systems DMS loader product. Used it to load 2 million documents, 6 million object links and 1,5 million files/originals. Really flexible and not that expensive. I always prefer using standard tools that is well tested rather then develop things myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I have not used LSMW but can tell you that it will not work for attachments. Use BDC program for bulk uploading. It's fast and results are best. Ask abap'r to write BDC for required fields in dms.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member182387
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My preference is 'Please go with BAPI 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2'. because we had a same scenario inour project for creating bulk document based on the excel sheet. So we use this BAPI. Read Documentation of this BAPI for all mandatory fields and sample codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

LSMW is step by step process, pls check whether it is supporting for attachments. But the fast and suitable method is to use BDC recording. Cosult with abap'r ,it will be fast process.

Regards,

Ravindra