Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Requirement not getting created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My query as below;

Production order is created using KANBAN (Control Cycle/Supply Area is defined) using classic KANBAN.

WM is in place and all the setting related to TR/TO creation for WM movement type 103 is in place.

When i am trying to receive this Production after completion it is not creating the TR/TO, while as material document is getting generated and shows the stock directly in interim storage type 901 without creating TR and TO.

Further i checked there is indicator in Production order i.e "Kanban indicator" that gets checked automatically when Production order is created using KANBAN Processs and if i remove that indicator forcefully, TR and TO is getting created normally.

Please provide some inputs where can be the problem and how TR and TO can be created normally eventhough KANBAN indicator is checked in Production order and where i can found the setting related to "KANBAN INDICATOR".

Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabir,

I am facing the similar problem. can you please share if you have found the solution for this issue. Appriciate your response

Norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabir,

1. When you use KANBAN, you define separate KANBAN storage location, which is different from WM-managed replenishment storage locations, and separate KANBAN interim storage area with storage bin.

As you said Control Cycle is defined, see if the interface is properly defined for both of these Sloc.

Also, material to be staged has to be defined for both SLoc i.e. consuming KANBAN storage location and sourcing WM storage location.

2. See if you have defined the KANBAN replenishment strategy with Control type Transfer Requirements from a Storage Location which is being controlled by WM in the Customizing for Production under KANBAN > Replenishment Strategies > Define Stock Transfer Strategies

3. For TO to get created automatically by the system from the transfer requirement, see if an indicator Automatic TO creation in the replenishment strategy is set or not.

4. Also, check that you have set up a suitable replenishment movement type for KANBAN in the Customizing for Warehouse Management under Activities > Transfers > Define Movement Types (i.e.standard is 350 for KANBAN replenishment)

Please appreciate if your problem is solved.

Maddy..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy

Thanks very much for your response.

1. When you use KANBAN, you define separate KANBAN storage location, which is different from WM-managed replenishment storage locations, and separate KANBAN interim storage area with storage bin.

Yes different storage location is defined which is not WM-managed in supply area.

As you said Control Cycle is defined, see if the interface is properly defined for both of these Sloc.

Where i can check whether interface is properly defined or not.

2. See if you have defined the KANBAN replenishment strategy with Control type Transfer Requirements from a Storage Location which is being controlled by WM in the Customizing for Production under KANBAN > Replenishment Strategies > Define Stock Transfer Strategies

Actually for a material two strategies are defined like;

1) In-house Production strategies-0003-

supply area is defined with storage location which is IM managed.

And when this order is completed and i am trying to receive this in WM SLOC (usally whatever SLOC we have defined in supply area it proposes that SLOC at the time of receipt but i am changing this manually to WM managed SLOC) using transaction MIGO, it is directly taking the stock to 901 interim storage type and in total the stock increases but the problem is when TR is not getting created i am not able to take this to the storage bin as per strategies defined.

2) Stock Transfer Strategies-This is working fine and in that TR/TO is working fine.

3. For TO to get created automatically by the system from the transfer requirement, see if an indicator Automatic TO creation in the replenishment strategy is set or not. Yes this is set for stock transfer strategies but i didn't find option to check the TO creation automatically for in-house production strategy

4. Also, check that you have set up a suitable replenishment movement type for KANBAN in the Customizing for Warehouse Management under Activities > Transfers > Define Movement Types (i.e.standard is 350 for KANBAN replenishment)-Yes this is also defined correctly.

Appreciate your more inputs on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kanban replinishment is a pull cycle and is different from GI for production . Please check your requirement .