Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The bidder should quote only once in LAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a special requirement in LAC.

The bider should be able to quote only once in the LAC. Can there be any BADI to achieve this?

The exact details of the business requirement is as below:

We would like to have 2 document types of Auction. One is "Preliminary auction". Other is "Final Auction".

We need above correction in the document type viz "preliminary auction", the other document type "final auction" should work as it is in standard SAP.

Kindly suggest.

GH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MASA,

Thnx for reply.

For example, RFx cannot make next bidder to quote lesser price. Because of this reason and various other reasons, it is required that the "preliminary auction" should be live....

GH

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I didn't understand your question correctly.

Is you question How to control "only once" submit or How to define transaction type?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is how to control "only once"

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion would be the same as Masa's. RFP is the right venue for your "preliminary" type of price quote. Except for the "Live" feature, other requirements, such as driving down price could be achieved. An example would be the following:

1. Define a custom field for RFx that essentially stores the latest bidder price quote

2. When a bidder responds, in BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI for BUS2202 (response), update that custom field with the response item price

3. In BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for BUS2202 (response), check the bid price against the preceding RFx's item custom field mentioned above and throw error message if the quoted price is higher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. Great. This should work. I will try. Thanks.

GH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

> The bidder should quote only once in LAC

I would use RFx for this requirement. Why do you use Auction ?

Regards,

Masa