cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occures when posting a Billing Document to alt Reconciliation Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When i try to post a Invoice, for a alternative reconciliation account, an error occures saying,

Reconciliation account 50300022 or short key 00 is not permitted

Message no. F5788

Diagnosis

The system checked the entry to see whether a reconciliation account exists with the number 50300022 and whether it can be entered here, or whether the first two characters of your entry '00' form a permitted short key. Neither of these options is applicable to your entry.

System response

Error message

Procedure

Enter either a permitted G/L account number or a permitted short key.

Please help me to sort the above.

Thank U

Yasanga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ramar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

This issue is because of change in reconciliation account in customer master. Before changing the reconciliation account in customer account, need to ensure that there is no open item and if there is any open items that needs to be cleared before changing.

If already changed the reconciliation account in the customer master and the there are open items and billing documents posted, there will be mismatch in the Reconciliation account. For example, in General ledger view, the billing document has Recon account is 435213 (Example) and the credit note has different reconciliation account, the system will through out message saying that Reconciliation account or short key 00 not permitted.

Option to clear the document

1. Change the Customer Recon account as per both invoice (Billing document) and credit note , then clear the open items

2. If both the invoice and credit note has the same REC account and the Customer master has different Recon account, you have to change the recon account back to old one and then clear the open items. Please make sure after clearing the open items, change the customer recon account to new reconciliation account

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Check configuration in OBYR

For reconciliation account 50300022 you have given sone GL recon account for example 456321

Here you can might find that recon account 50300022 has been assigned to a GL account 456321

If you change recon. account in vendor master, you are required to fun F.5D.

also please check SAP Note 1241729

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i found the error. I havent assign the Alternative Reconciliation account against the Original account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in OBYR configuration.

For reconciliation account xxxx you have given special GL recon account for example 22222

Now you must see that the recon account xxxx has been assigned with a GL account 22222 or some other special GL recon. account as per your requirement.

If you change recon. account in master record , you are required to run F.5D.

Just my observation likes...

Edited by: balashowry raju on Sep 9, 2010 8:51 AM