cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Occurances for Custom Idoc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to change an occurances 1:1 to 1:n or 1:unbound for a custom Idoc. Is it possible to change at R/3 level? I don't want to change it in our XI in xml, since again I have to do mapping and also to overcome future problems.

So, I want to change the occurances for the Idoc and want to Import to XI. Is this possible? If so, how to do this?

<< Please do not offer points.>>

Thanks.

S.

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Sep 9, 2010 4:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Custom IDoc, it is possible in ECC System.

Just goto Tcode WE30 & enter the BASIC Type name & open it in EDIT mode.

Double click on Segment Name & it will show you Attributes of Segment.

There is one Option Maximum number, Just change the value of that Maximum Number.

Save & Activate .

Release the Basic Type after completion.

Now Import that structure in PI System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I have an Idoc called ZPOPOBUS_SAP and it has segment ZPOPOBUS_SAP_BN and with in this ZPOPOBUS_SAP_BN_SMEL.

Now attributes are maintained for ZPOPOBUS_SAP_BN_SMEL as 1 to unbound and ZPOPOBUS_SAP_BN as 1 to 1.

I can't see the attributes for object name ZPOPOBUS_SAP. If I change occurances for ZPOPOBUS_SAP_BN as 1 to unbound, Can this be updated to Idoc and Is my problem can be fixed?

Thanks.

S.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done easily in PI level,

1)import in to SAP PI.

2)Open the IDoc sctucture in imported objects

3)Take XSD of IDoc.

4)Copy in to note pad or any other XML tools,and change the occurace of attribute and import it as a external defnition.

but if you want to change in IDoc structure permanently follow sandeep steps.

Regards,

Raj

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For making occurance changes at Header Level, you can not make changes in ECC System.

Only we can change it in XSD of IDoc at PI System.

Export XSD structure of IDoc & make changes in XSD 1:unbounded & import it again in System as External Definition.

Now use that XSD in Message Mapping,

in Interface mapping use IDoc Structure not XSD.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I can't see the attributes for object name ZPOPOBUS_SAP. If I change occurances for ZPOPOBUS_SAP_BN as 1 to 
unbound, Can this be updated to Idoc and Is my problem can be fixed?

Why do you want to change the occurence? Normally occurence change is done to perform Bundling .... do you have any such requirement? More ref about Bundling: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Why this is not possible to change at header level since this is Z Idoc or Custom Idoc. I must be able to change.

Is there a way to do or I will have to edit the xsd procedure only.

Regards

S.

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Why this is not possible to change at header level since this is Z Idoc or Custom Idoc. I must be able to change.

>

For complete IDoc, you can have multiple Items, but there should be only 1 header & data should be in only 1 IDoc, so you can not increase occurance there at ECC System.

But in your scenario, you have multiple IDocs in a file & you need to fill all these IDoc in Mapping, so you will change your XSD there in SAP-PI System & use that modified XSD for Message Mapping.

But in your Operation Mapping, you will use only IDoc structure, so that all these IDocs will be created at ECC System.

In this scenario, you will receive multiple IDocs at ECC System, but using XSD modification, you can pass all records (IDocs) in Message Mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine. I have imported the xsd in IR. Now I dont want to disturb the existed mapping and replace with the imported external definition. I want to use this at ID level? Is this possible? The point here is Not to disturb the existed mapping and how can I use this external definition in any other parts like Interface mapping or in any objects of ID to ensure that I would get multiple Idocs would be generated for a file having multiple orders.

Hope understand my requirement.

Thanks.

S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine. I have imported the xsd in IR. Now I dont want to disturb the existed mapping and replace with the imported external definition. I want to use this at ID level? Is this possible? The point here is Not to disturb the existed mapping and how can I use this external definition in any other parts like Interface mapping or in any objects of ID to ensure that I would get multiple Idocs would be generated for a file having multiple orders.

Hope understand my requirement.

Thanks.

S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

No you have to change your mapping in IR. In the mapping receiving message type should be the external defination. Only chnging in ID will not work.

Regards,

Nayan

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Swarna

There is one option in mapping editor , if you go the target structure tab and right click on it you get an option import EXTERNAL DEFINITION . there in if you do that mapping will not be affected . try this one .

xsd is just your payload data . you can continue using IDoc structure in your ID part it wont affect.

Regards

Ninad

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you will change only Occurance in XSD & use that in Message Mapping, it will ask you for change of interface.

Your mapping with fields will not change.

No need to make any change in ID, as we are making changes only in Message Mapping. In ID, we are using Operation Mapping (Interface Mapping).

Our Receiver Interface is only IDoc, so no need to make any change in ID.