Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactions - How to test used/defined Bandwidth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

How are you doing?

Networking team is asking me some transactions to test the defined bandwidth.

The idea is to know if it's enough or not.

The Bandwidth was defined using the SAP Sizing Guide.

Just for summary up, I've asked to execute the "most heavy" FI & MM transactions, so the Networking team is able to weigh it up.

Thanks on advanced!

Chic@s, como andan?

Estoy precisando saber, mediante que Transacciones puedo evaluar/testear el Ancho de banda definido.

Se esta implementando FI y MM.

Para el Sizing del Ancho de Banda se uso la guia de SAP, pero ahora, me estan pidiendo les diga, que Tx pueden usar para validarlo...es decir, si el ancho de banda definido alcanza, sobra, se queda corto, etc...

Como les dije, obviamente, preciso Tx usadas por esos Modulos.

Gracias de antemano!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you visited the page .

In that page there is document named as Frontend network requirements.Could you please check that document which clearly mentions about the network requirements.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish, thanks for your answer but i've already got this information.

I need something else...

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban,

Strange question you ask from an SAP point of view. The only data that is sent accross the network from the application server to the gui is the dynpro to build the SAP screen (not the actual screen as this is built on the fronted) and the actual data that will be entered into the transaction. Most of this data is text and compressed so will be a small footprint.

The only time a large amount of data would be sent would be frontend printing or saving files to the local PC but even this use of bandwidth would be small.

If I was in your position (or in the network team) I would install a network sniffer on the frontend and collect data for a typical day. I would then be able to scale this up for the number of users and add 20%-30% to future proof it.

P.S. What network are you running this on, LAN or WAN because 100 Mbit/s LAN is PLENTY for even the most heavly used SAP frontend.

P.S.S If its communication between the application servers then the faster the better. So fiber would be recommended !

Michael