Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing SAP ERP6 EHp4on Solaris 10 ,oracle 10g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

i am planning to install SAP ERP6 EHP4on SOLARIS 10 Sparc,Oracle 10g

So i have 3 questions that i need a bit clarified although i went thro the inst guide

1.Will the install or sapinst ask me to create the oracle directories and sapdata files?Like the previous versions oracle 9.X.

2.If its not then what is the easiest way to point the installation to install in specfic directories e.g /oracle/SID/log for the log file origs,mirrors,oraachs etc and for sapdatas /oracle/data etc OR it will put them in the SAP standard dir /oracle etc

3.How do i start the patch install soon after the database install not using mopath but where u specify the path to /oracle /stage /10 what is the completecommand line as orasid?(when the installation stop and ask for the DB installation?

any ideas will be greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

reinstalled theOs solved the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are my answers,

--> Always prefereable to create the directories in advance with individual file systems. You have a specific SAP Note for this which will tell you how much sizes you need to keep for SAPDATA and log folders . So always create separate Mount points for individual directories which is a good practice for Unix based systems.

So in this case, Please create the file systems as follows /oracle/SID/102_64 --> For Oracle Home

/oracle/SID/sapdata 1-4 --> For SAPDATA folders

/oracle/SID/origlogA, /oracle/SID/origlogB,/oracle/SID/mirrlogA,/oracle/SID/mirrlogB

Then You can create a separate one for oracle/stage/102_64 or as per your wish.

Once your DB Instance Installation is done, You can define the full path of OPatch/MOPatch in the PATH Env Variable of ORASID so that no need to give it again. you can go to the folder/file where you saved your patch files and apply accordingly.

Hope I contributed my 2 cents.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur response.

i just need to refresh on how to apply the patch not using opath or mopatch at that stage when sapinst ask you to install the oracle database i have installed the db now i need to do that patch . what is the command line i should use?

any ideas welcome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go to the individual patches and you can specify

CMD>opatch apply (Condition : You have to define the PATH variabe with the location of the opatch (/oracle/SID/OPatch/)

For MOpatch please refer Note 1027012 - MOPatch - Install Multiple Oracle Patches in One Run , this will have all the options on HOW to apply..

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jagadish