cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliant User Provisioning (CUP) - Getting Started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Once you have the technical side of CUP set up wher do you start with configuring the stages, workflow, etc? Should you first set up ECC PRD, or is it better to work on every system at the same time? Should you get role owners and approvers for every role in the system before you do anything? Should you have a workshop for each system to get the role owners and approvers. Then once you have all of that completed then you can start drawing out your workflow for different types of requests which will require additional stages. I have not been able to find any good documentation on setting up CUP with the business, and a project plan of the order these steps should occur. The tool is set up technically and all the documents I find are based around that I want to know the other steps and the order. Looking for any help to get started.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

Firstly you should setup the ECC system, before setting up the CUP system because of the below reasons:

1. The user naming convention will be defined in the initial stages, where you may use the LDAP/SSO concepts and name the users in your ECC system accordingly.

2. All the business processes will be well studied and the required roles will be generated, where in the approvers, role owners information is detailed and planned.

3. All the risks will be identified, which can be further mitigated directly from the CUP system.

Also, note that all the roles from your ECC system have to be updated in the CUP system. Incase if you are using a LDAP such as ADS, you can setup the user master source configuration to take the user IDs from the LDAP.

All the approvers should be further created once the roles have been uploaded in the system and further configuration have to be done such as number range maintenance, creating initiators, stages, paths etc.,

Hope this helps.. do revert with any specific questions you may have.

Regards,

Raghu